Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nebraska Tesla Club?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How have I missed this.

Are there any more events this year?

Model 3 owner in Lincoln

Yes, the Tesla Owners Club Nebraska group is planning on a Toys for Tots, Food Truck Friday and hopefully a drive-in movie night in Fremont yet this year. Hopefully the dates will be finalized in the next week or so. Once they are they will be posted here, our Facebook page and on Tesla Owners Nebraska

If you know of any outdoor/food truck places in or around Lincoln that we can have an event please let us know.

Reactions: android04
Oh, no @Gamdwelf, that also means that you missed the TOCN All EV Car Showcase

We are planning a couple more events this year - trying to finalize the dates for our annual toy drive and cooking up some other ideas.

We have been posting our events on the website and active on social (twitter, fb, etc)

Oh, and BTW - congrats on the Tesla!

IMG_1296.JPG

That is not true. You are required to license the car in Nebraska, and there should be no problem with that. I believe Missouri will allow you to take delivery of the car there, and delay paying sales tax until you register the car in Nebraska.

The Nebraska issue with Tesla is that they are not allowed to operate inside the state (service center or showroom). So therefore you also cannot lease a Tesla in Nebraska because they do not have a NE license to sell cars inside the state. As with most states, this will get resolved in the next few years.

Nick
It’s now 2022. Tesla still cannot sell or lease in Nebraska. Such a backward state! There are seriously few charging points in between Nebraska and South Dakota for north/ south and rural travel, a real problem with range in windy and cold and blistering hot conditions typical of this region.

It’s now 2022. Tesla still cannot sell or lease in Nebraska. Such a backward state! There are seriously few charging points in between Nebraska and South Dakota for north/ south and rural travel, a real problem with range in windy and cold and blistering hot conditions typical of this region.
Still, several times a year I've been traveling from Texas to Nebraska in Teslas since 2013--before there were Superchargers. Worst case is you need to slow down a bit.

Still, several times a year I've been traveling from Texas to Nebraska in Teslas since 2013--before there were Superchargers. Worst case is you need to slow down a bit.
You are probably on the interstate highways. I’m talking about being on the state highways, which are the main routes for locals and touris that want to see any of the great scenery off of I-80.

You are probably on the interstate highways. I’m talking about being on the state highways, which are the main routes for locals and touris that want to see any of the great scenery off of I-80.
Before there were Superchargers we traveled 377-->177-->77. But yes, Hebron, Junction City, and El Dorado badly need Superchargers.

The problem is Tesla likes to build complete routes to idiot-proof supercharger travel. And there is a ton of space in this area, so that requires many superchargers just to fill in an area that gets very little travel (sorry but I kind of lol'd at the notion of Tesla tourists in this area).

For example, let's take the area between I-70 and I-80. Superchargers in Hebron and McCook would be very helpful and anyone who puts some thought into their travel plans would be able to use these to travel pretty much anywhere in that area. But the gaps would still be in the 170-180 mile range and you'd still have morons running out of charge in the middle of winter. And honestly, even the people who were begging for these superchargers in the first place would just start begging for splitters once Hebron and McCook got built.

The problem is Tesla likes to build complete routes to idiot-proof supercharger travel. And there is a ton of space in this area, so that requires many superchargers just to fill in an area that gets very little travel (sorry but I kind of lol'd at the notion of Tesla tourists in this area).

For example, let's take the area between I-70 and I-80. Superchargers in Hebron and McCook would be very helpful and anyone who puts some thought into their travel plans would be able to use these to travel pretty much anywhere in that area. But the gaps would still be in the 170-180 mile range and you'd still have morons running out of charge in the middle of winter. And honestly, even the people who were begging for these superchargers in the first place would just start begging for splitters once Hebron and McCook got built.
dont laugh unless you’ve been there. Western Nebraska has world class hunting, fishing, golf, lots of history, geology, and paleontology. Several exclusive golf courses and members fly in on their personal jets. My electrician had to install a 14-40 outlet at one of the local gold resorts because someone in a Tesla S showed up and needed to charge while staying for a few days. The state highways that cross the state are main thoroughfares. Wind limits range and cold. It’s a real problem.

dont laugh unless you’ve been there. Western Nebraska has world class hunting, fishing, golf, lots of history, geology, and paleontology. Several exclusive golf courses and members fly in on their personal jets. My electrician had to install a 14-40 outlet at one of the local gold resorts because someone in a Tesla S showed up and needed to charge while staying for a few days. The state highways that cross the state are main thoroughfares. Wind limits range and cold. It’s a real problem.
Oh I've definitely been there!