Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nebraska Tesla Club?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I heard from ISA David Abernathy.. who apparently is going on R&R next week, so I'm being passed off to a Beth Jarchow. He got some information from me and said I'd hear from her on Monday. He said delivery could be 'as early as the 26th'. I guess the guys serving our area are based out of a suburb of Chicago.

So I heard from ISA David Abernathy.. who apparently is going on R&R next week, so I'm being passed off to a Beth Jarchow. He got some information from me and said I'd hear from her on Monday. He said delivery could be 'as early as the 26th'. I guess the guys serving our area are based out of a suburb of Chicago.
David was my ISA as well. I ignored his first call, figured any Tesla call would come from CA, and this one was probably spam.

My delivery is scheduled for the 26th - maybe we'll run into each other.

@nickb411 - I'd be down for a meet-up some time as well.

So, maybe no coincidence... possibly two red multi-coats, aero wheels... arriving on the same truck.
Definitely not a coincidence. I followed the invites spreadsheet pretty religiously. There was probably a 1-2 week period between when almost all of the sport wheel reservations received their VINs, and when they started pumping out the aero wheel models - with some correlation with the factory shutdown. VINs for nearly all of the red with aeros on the sheet started going out around last weekend.

lol... someone stole 'my' vanity plate... had been contemplating it for couple weeks, decided I'd better just get it using registration for one of our other cars... was available yesterday, taken today. I hope it wasn't one of you guys! GRRR.

Here's my other situation... timing isn't the greatest, I'm soon selling my house as well, nest is empty... moving to smaller ranch from the old traditional 2-story. I'm not going to have in home charging for a bit (hope to add 7kW of solar too!). I was prepared to make trips to CB supercharger in the interim, offset small work commute miles with 20 amp regular plug-in in garage (feasible, right?). I noticed Markel has a couple charging stations under this 'ChargePoint'. What's the story on that? Can a Tesla pull up there? Or do they chase us away, lol... 'reserved for i3's' :)

In the olden days (a couple years ago), we used to charge at Nissan dealers who have been very kind and not charged us a dime in different places around the coungry. ChargePoint can be helpful, too. I have charged using 110 overnight also--slow but sure and it works. I don't think it hurts to ask...

• Helpful
Reactions: stargazer
I commute on 180th Street in Omaha each morning and around center street I've seen a total of three different model 3's. The first was a Metallic Silver one week ago and then the very next morning I saw a black one and today I saw a red one. A guy in Bellevue with a metallic silver posted his on Turo if anyone's really curious. They're certainly arriving!

So Stargazer, HyperionMark, PLUS EV, McFly....Are you guys interested in a Lincoln or Omaha meetup? What about at the Gretna Outlets some evening or weekend?

Nick
Ya! I'm in! I think that outlet mall would be perfect since the back part near the charging stations is usually empty anyway. We should plan it for not long after McFly gets his 3.

A couple things about going from KC to Omaha (which would be about the same as going from KC to Lincoln).
1. In good weather with full charge you should have no problem for the trip with a current Model 3 (aren't they all 310/large batteries at this point?).
2. I have gotten a CHAdeMO adapter so I can charge quickly many places in KC (for free, so far) and in St. Joe on the way to and from Omaha (you wouldn't have to do this most all of the time but see 3 below).
3. Early on for me, 2 1/2 years ago, I tried to get home from KC with four adults, four dogs (all small), some luggage, during a terrible storm (rain turned to sleet, the sleet built up on the car, making it heavier, no one was going over 50 at some point on I-29). I have an 85D, and because of all those circumstances mentioned above, we stopped in St. Joe (to slow charge for an hour, I didn't have CHAdeMO adapter yet, but this is the reason I got it), then we stopped in Nebraska City (to slow charge, as I recall, for two hours) because I couldn't make it with my battery that at that time said the car would go 265 miles. So be careful about a distance of about 200 mi (about what it is from KC to Omaha or Lincoln) in bad weather with a heavy load.
Please enjoy your new Model 3s. I am waiting for four wheel drive on the Model 3 before I take them up on my order (from the first day) and, perhaps, the small battery, since I have an 85D. I could have had one for awhile now, but decided to wait for those features.
I hope I'm wrong on this, but I've heard that the CHAdeMO adapters don't work with the 3, only the S and X. Again, there is a chance I could be wrong on that.

Here's my other situation... timing isn't the greatest, I'm soon selling my house as well, nest is empty... moving to smaller ranch from the old traditional 2-story. I'm not going to have in home charging for a bit (hope to add 7kW of solar too!). I was prepared to make trips to CB supercharger in the interim, offset small work commute miles with 20 amp regular plug-in in garage (feasible, right?). I noticed Markel has a couple charging stations under this 'ChargePoint'. What's the story on that? Can a Tesla pull up there? Or do they chase us away, lol... 'reserved for i3's' :)
We just use a standard 110v outlet for our Leaf and are just fine with a little bit of planning. As far as in Omaha for L2 charging...not a ton of great options. I use the one at Nebraska Crossing Outlet mall quite a bit and the one in the Midtown Crossing parking garage (small fee to park unless you do business at one of the shops or restaurants). The one at Midtown also has a Tesla connector and may be faster than the standard 6 kW most J1772's are.

So I was going to grab T3SLA for a vanity plate... had been thinking about it for literally weeks, was available each time I checked. I started thinking I'd better get it under one of the other cars in the household or I'd risk losing it. Too late... I dragged my feet one day too long (literally, it was available just one day prior to my deciding to act), someone else got it. Maybe someone on this forum.

After sharing a few other ideas with my wife, we decided to go with CHRGD (it's on the mountain lion plate, which only allows up to 5 characters).

I commute on 180th Street in Omaha each morning and around center street I've seen a total of three different model 3's. The first was a Metallic Silver one week ago and then the very next morning I saw a black one and today I saw a red one. A guy in Bellevue with a metallic silver posted his on Turo if anyone's really curious. They're certainly arriving!

Each day I see a coworkers blue 3 in the parking lot it is getting harder and harder to resist hitting the order button. Here is the link to Karl's Turo rental if anyone is interested. $170/day for 400 miles.

https://turo.com/rentals/cars/ne/bellevue/tesla-model-3/413147?s=xMUMLcZ8

Reactions: HyperionMark
Reactions: HyperionMark