Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nebraska Tesla Club?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@ssaugato - I’d agree with @HyperionMark - The outlet is a bit more flexible, especially as you try out the ChargePoint vs the Tesla connector. The OPPD rebate makes the ChargePoint very attractive, but I was ahead of the rebate and opted for a UMC since I only have a 30amp outlet and didn’t want to have to use the adapter.

As far as an electrician, I can look up who wired my basement or I have a connection with a trainer with the IBEW (PM me). A lot depends on how difficult the installation is.

@ssaugato - I’d agree with @HyperionMark - The outlet is a bit more flexible, especially as you try out the ChargePoint vs the Tesla connector. The OPPD rebate makes the ChargePoint very attractive, but I was ahead of the rebate and opted for a UMC since I only have a 30amp outlet and didn’t want to have to use the adapter.

As far as an electrician, I can look up who wired my basement or I have a connection with a trainer with the IBEW (PM me). A lot depends on how difficult the installation is.
And if you do go with the plug you may want to get the adapter ordered through the Tesla store. ChargePoint requires NEMA 6-50 and I believe that adapter is $35 for the UMC.
I was wrong earlier. You only need to wire for 60A if you ever plan on getting the Tesla wall connector. Like ChargePoint the UMC can only do 32A, so wiring for 40A is fine for both uses. That being said, ChargePoint can only charge at about 6.7kW whereas Tesla claims the UMC can charge at 7.7kW at the same power level. Not sure how that works exactly.

For anyone interested, we just got our car tinted at Auto Glass Tint (88th and L) for a paltry $200. This guy has been around forever, seems like I spent barely less than that when I had my brand new 1987 Buick Grand National tinted, over 30 years ago. Quality job.

For anyone interested, we just got our car tinted at Auto Glass Tint (88th and L) for a paltry $200. This guy has been around forever, seems like I spent barely less than that when I had my brand new 1987 Buick Grand National tinted, over 30 years ago. Quality job.

Were they able to do one piece on the rear glass?

Also....

What's the consensus here on PPF vs Ceramic? I know there are a few places around here that do both but honestly I've never had a nice enough car to worry about it! :cool:

What are y'all doing?

Mine was $300 (non-ceramic) from Hot Rod Tinting & PDR - they've done my other vehicles and they did a great job (and they took care of a nasty door ding while it was there - already, I know)

They did the rear window in one piece, the only way to do it - the shop needs to have 60" wide tint

Reactions: FalconHeavy
Hello Everyone, glad to see a Tesla Owner's forum in NE. I was wondering if someone could assist me finding an electrician who could setup a Chargepoint home EV charger. What have you guys preferred hard wired or the plug-in ?
BTW, I am hoping to get my Model 3 this weekend.
I think that I will buy the "hardwire" one and put on my own end: I have NEMA 14-50 in my garage and want it to plug in to that.

I'll be curious to hear your review of the charging pad when it comes. I was thinking about ordering it, but then I saw they were having issues with getting them produced and shipped out (sounds like another company I know ;)). Still might buy one, but waiting for more feedback before I pull the trigger. Let us know your thoughts!

I still haven't received the wireless charging pad. It was supposed to ship out last week. :rolleyes: Hopefully it'll be worth the wait!

I had the mobile repair team out this weekend to fix window regulator and a few minor issues. I've always dreaded taking my previous cars in for repair, but Tesla has once again knocked it out of the park in the service department.

I also had an excellent experience with Tesla's mobile service team recently. Bob came out to fix a rear seatbelt that was factory-installed with a twist. Before he arrived, he pushed out a software update for my Model 3, and while he was there fixing the seatbelt, he also did a full inspection of the car!

IMG_2743.jpg

For anyone who doesn't know, they come to you. It's pretty great!

I only just discovered this thread, and this is great! So here's a question for owners. Where have you had a positive experience with a tire rotation in Omaha? I figured I should get around to it, as my May delivery Model 3 is already nearly to 8k miles!

8k miles is impressive... awesome profile picture!

I was wrong earlier. You only need to wire for 60A if you ever plan on getting the Tesla wall connector.

60A is correct for max charging of a Model 3. However, for anyone who'd like max charging for their S/X they'd need a 90A connection.

Thanks everyone for the valued information. I ordered a plug-in Charge point with the OPPD link. Interestingly, it appears the same Charge point adapter is cheaper($629) in Amazon (with free shipping for prime members) as compared to the store link from OPPD ($699 + shipping $29).

Anyone want to claim this nice ride? I thought the paint was messed up but it was so clear that a reflection on the fence post was showing up. Very nice.

"Tesla Model 3 Full paint correction with Cquartz Pro. We also had Omaha Clear Bra apply a piece of clear bra to the center console to protect it from scratches."

Exotic Detail

I wish I could claim that one. I'd love to know who owns it so I know how much it'll cost me when I take mine in. ;)

I just joined the club with Model 3 a few weeks ago. Paid my registration fees today for a single plate so I’m all official.

I still have to get tinted so I appreciate the discussion here around that. I asked Auto Glass Tint of Omaha and they can’t do the full rear window.

If anyone (local) needs some decals like Lpleiss’ above, I have a 24” vinyl cutter and enjoy using it. I need to cut myself a wrap for the center console.

Anyway, hi everybody!

Attachments

• 8241655B-6A9C-46B0-9C39-BBEF391C4BCC.jpeg
    8241655B-6A9C-46B0-9C39-BBEF391C4BCC.jpeg
    694.2 KB · Views: 34
I just joined the club with Model 3 a few weeks ago. Paid my registration fees today for a single plate so I’m all official.

I still have to get tinted so I appreciate the discussion here around that. I asked Auto Glass Tint of Omaha and they can’t do the full rear window.

If anyone (local) needs some decals like Lpleiss’ above, I have a 24” vinyl cutter and enjoy using it. I need to cut myself a wrap for the center console.

Anyway, hi everybody!

dtb3, welcome!

Could I get a couple of those (wraps for the center console, one for me and one for my son) as well as one for my Model S?