TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Need 2 Borrow :: CAN SR Adapter

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by arijaycomet, Jun 5, 2018.

1. arijaycomet

arijaycomet Member

Long story short: I’m purchasing Roadster #613 and plan to do an epic drive from Florida to Ohio with the car. Mapping out options and best/fastest charging will be HPWC.

Willing to purchase a used one at full retail. I’ll cover cost to ship fastest method to reach me by Friday. Or willing to send full retail price via PayPal as deposit to be refunded after I return in a week. Need by this weekend.

PS: it seems you can use the J1772/HPWC Adapter thst came with our model S in conjunction with a CAN SR to use J1772 on a Roadster. Yes? TIA!

2. Roadster

Roadster Member

#2 Roadster, Jun 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
    Paging @hcsharp...

And you shouldn’t need the J1772 adapter with your HPWC. The Tesla connector end would go into the CAN-SR which goes into your Roadster. If you really wanted to use the adapter, technically you could also pick up a CAN-JR and go HPWC > J1772 adapter > CAN-JR > Rosdster.

3. arijaycomet

arijaycomet Member

Ended up ordering a set from EV Tuning Solutions that he had in stock. I wanted both adapters because I dont like the idea of stacking them; HC Sharp doesn't' really warranty them that way either. I know it can work, but the less things to go wrong the better. I'm about to do a 1,200 mile road trip so having he best/right adapters is ideal.

No longer need to buy/borrow, so this thread is not needed anymore FYI

• Like x 1
  4. Roadrunner13

Roadrunner13 Member

Well, enjoy the new roadster AND the roadtrip!

5. ibcs

ibcs Member

Great news to have another Roadster in Ohio. I’m in Englewood what part of Ohio do you live?

6. arijaycomet

arijaycomet Member

Much further north — up in Cleveland, Ohio. But I hope to make it around the state for some fun car shows/etc with the Roadster. Keep in touch— def nice to see we have more in the state! :)

7. ibcs

ibcs Member

Send me a message when you come through Dayton Ohio. I’ll buy the first round at Starbucks to see your new ride.