Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Wanted (WTB) and For Trade (WTT) listings should now be posted in one of the Marketplace categories. To post a WTB or WTT trade thread, please click here, then choose the category most appropriate for your listing, and then select the appropriate listing type.

Need 2016 - 2018 Model S, X front seat airbag connector

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I want to swap some gen1 seats in to my Model S to replace the Next Gen seats. I need the airbag electrical connector that connects to the car's wiring harness under the seat. Tesla changed the airbag connector on the Next Gen seats, so I need to get the later airbag connector to splice on the the gen 1 seats. I need 2 connectors, one for each seat. The airbag connector is not part of the seat's wiring harness, it just goes directly to the airbag. So if you have a seat with a blown airbag, you could sell the connector without hurting the seat's wiring harness. The connector is the black one in the photo or the yellow one, both the same. They have 4 wires attached - need about 6 inches of the wire to splice to. It's not the smaller yellow connector from 2015 and earlier seats that has a white grommet attached to it.
Airbag connector.jpg
Yellow.jpg

Yes I do. I'm attempting to do the same retrofit as RK2020. I found some 2018 next-gen seats that will be shipped to me this weekend. I have a 2013 model s 85. Why have you done the retrofit also? Or have those harnesses?