Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need 4 new tires - Would these fit/work? Any opinion on these? Michelin Primacy MXM4 All-Season

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

2021 Model Y LR with Gemini wheels.

Title says it all. Thanks in advance!
No. The tires in the link do not have the correct load index (104) specified by Tesla for the Tesla Model Y with the 19" wheels.

Original Equipment Factory Tire Size: 255/45R-19
Loading Rating: Extra Load (XL)
Load Index: 104 (1984 pounds per tire)
Maximum Speed Rating: Y (186 MPH) or you can use W (168 MPH) or else V (149 MPH) but not for the Performance Model Y)

Costco may be able to provide tires for your Model Y (Many use America's Tires/Discount Tires but they are not in New Jersey.)

Tirerack.com can provide you with a wide selection of vehicle correct replacement tires. In some areas Tirerack has mobile service that can install and service the wheels and tires. Tirerack can also ship the tires directly to a local tire installer in your area that would be able to perform the tire swap.

Tire Rack: Tires, Wheels, Car Parts and Accessories

Last edited:
No. The tires in the link do not have the correct load index (104) specified by Tesla for the Tesla Model Y with the 19" wheels.

Original Equipment Factory Tire Size: 255/45R-19
Loading Rating: Extra Load (XL)
Load Index: 104 (1984 pounds per tire)
Maximum Speed Rating: Y (186 MPH) or you can use W (168 MPH) or else V (149 MPH) but not for the Performance Model Y)

Costco may be able to provide tires for your Model Y (Many use America's Tires/Discount Tires but they are not in New Jersey.)

Tirerack.com can provide you with a wide selection of vehicle correct replacement tires. In some areas Tirerack has mobile service that can install and service the wheels and tires. Tirerack can also ship the tires directly to a local tire installer in your area that would be able to perform the tire swap.

Tire Rack: Tires, Wheels, Car Parts and Accessories
Tyvm! Pulled the trigger on the Michelin CrossClimate2s!

• Informative
Reactions: jcanoe
Curious how many miles on your OEM tires. Also, what will final installed price of CC2s be, if willing to share.

I have theory that cost/mile of tire wear for a Tesla MY is roughly same as the cost of energy used assuming home charging. Weird coincidence.

And that sum of those two is roughly equal to insurance cost assuming 15K/yr. So energy is roughly 1/4 of the cost of running a MY excluding purchase cost. Just some fun math to ponder.

Last edited:
Curious how many miles on your OEM tires. Also, what will final installed price of CC2s be, if willing to share.

I have theory that cost/mile of tire wear for a Tesla MY is roughly same as the cost of energy used assuming home charging. Weird coincidence.

And that sum of those two is roughly equal to insurance cost assuming 15K/yr. So energy is roughly 1/4 of the cost of running a MY excluding purchase cost. Just some fun math to ponder.
By the time I get my tires changed next week, I'll have just about exactly 30,000 miles on them.

Total price for the tires (including tax) is $1,326.84. However there is a promotion going on until July 11 where I'll also get a $70 Visa card back as a rebate.

The place I found for installation is going to cost ~$100 for all 4 tires. I'll update with the exact cost after I get the work completed.

Thanks, then rough estimate for electricity is $0.042/mi ($0.15/kWh and 275Wh/mi) and tires are also $0.042/mi ($1,250/30,000).
What math are you doing for the first part ($0.15/kWh and 275Wh/mi)? Also forgot... add another ~$100 for wheel alignment with the new tires.

Also, my exacts are $0.12868/kWh and 292Wh/mi. What would it come out to with this?

Last edited: