Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need a charge and a stay in N Georgia?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you're traveling up to N Georgia and the Blue Ridge area, now you can plug in and stay at the Blue Ridge Inn Bed and Breakfast. We are part of the destination charging program with Tesla and have a level 2 charger onsite. If you want a stress-free and fun weekend in the mountains, Blue Ridge is the place to be, and the Blue Ridge Inn is the place to stay. We're a boutique Inn located in downtown Blue Ridge. You can walk to all shopping, dining and local events. We're known for our southern hospitality, big Southern breakfast and incredible personalized service all in a charming 1890 Victorian house. Drive Up, plug in, and stay. BlueRidgeInnBandB.com or call us (706) 661-7575 Info on our charger BlueRidgeInnBandB.com/tesla

Inn-Front-new-wide.jpg

Hi Gene, got a couple questions for you about this location, actually. I was one of your first EV owners to visit a couple years ago, before you installed anything. I charged using a wall outlet, which as you know is super slow but it does add miles over time.

We have your location described on Plugshare, which is the (free) service that EV owners use to find stations like these : PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You

The questions:

1. The Tesla HPWC station was originally described as "100 Amp circuit" but the station only delivers 32 Amps (confirmed by multiple people) so I adjusted the description. Maybe you have a 100A subpanel, but 40A feeding the HPWC?

2. Somebody said that you have a Level 2 station now, for all non-Tesla EVs, which would be awesome! Do you have another station there, or just the Tesla station? If you do have another station, can you provide a picture of it?

3. Somewhere your station was described as a "Chargepoint" station. Chargepoint is a specific company that makes (rather expensive but very good) charging stations, and Chargepoint's system does not show one at your location. Was that just a an error in the description, or do you really have a Chargepoint station? A recent visitor told me that he did NOT see a Chargepoint station here.

Reactions: 1speed
Hi Gene, got a couple questions for you about this location, actually. I was one of your first EV owners to visit a couple years ago, before you installed anything. I charged using a wall outlet, which as you know is super slow but it does add miles over time.

We have your location described on Plugshare, which is the (free) service that EV owners use to find stations like these : PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You

The questions:

1. The Tesla HPWC station was originally described as "100 Amp circuit" but the station only delivers 32 Amps (confirmed by multiple people) so I adjusted the description. Maybe you have a 100A subpanel, but 40A feeding the HPWC?

2. Somebody said that you have a Level 2 station now, for all non-Tesla EVs, which would be awesome! Do you have another station there, or just the Tesla station? If you do have another station, can you provide a picture of it?

3. Somewhere your station was described as a "Chargepoint" station. Chargepoint is a specific company that makes (rather expensive but very good) charging stations, and Chargepoint's system does not show one at your location. Was that just a an error in the description, or do you really have a Chargepoint station? A recent visitor told me that he did NOT see a Chargepoint station here.

Hi Chris
We have 2 charging stations now, both level 2. A Tesla charger (for Tesla's obviously) and a Chargepoint charger for SAE plugged cars (Volts, Leafs, BMW i's, etc). Both chargers have been there a year now, and located next to each other by our covered garage. We have everything covered. Not sure where you saw the description you had to change. We have a 100A subpanel, and the charger is 40A delivery.

Gene

• Helpful
Reactions: hiroshiy