Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need a good body shop in SoCal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was involved in a car accident yesterday and will need to take the car to a good body shop in Orange County.

The work isn’t minor as I was T-boned on the right rear door and the entire door and wheel crumpled and the side airbags deployed.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

These are some pics so you all feel my pain.....

Any SoCal MY owners out there with any suggestions?

Attachments

• 064EF7D9-AE85-438D-8F6D-C71EE7F165F4.jpeg
    064EF7D9-AE85-438D-8F6D-C71EE7F165F4.jpeg
    90.4 KB · Views: 112
  • F2B5CDC6-060C-426E-BC85-CD9758E0F1C9.jpeg
    F2B5CDC6-060C-426E-BC85-CD9758E0F1C9.jpeg
    103.9 KB · Views: 87
  • 8CEB1578-64E6-4862-BC3E-B847074E97F8.jpeg
    8CEB1578-64E6-4862-BC3E-B847074E97F8.jpeg
    109.4 KB · Views: 72
Always hate to see/hear about these accidents, especially on brand new cars. I hope you/everyone are ok.

The damage seems pretty significant from the pictures. The door/quarter panel can be replaced but I am concerned about the damage to the bottom where the rear wheel well starts. The area seems to be caved-in a bit and that's where part of the battery pack would be. I would call your nearest Tesla SC first to get their recommendations on a certified shop. If there is damage to the battery casing, the insurance company may declare it a total loss even though the damage outside seems "minor". Not to mention there may be frame damage in that area since our cars are unibody design.

I consider myself pretty anal about paint and body work and unfortunately I could not find a reasonable place in OC that cared enough about the prep work and quality jobs. I found this place on Instagram a while back and noticed how the owner treated each paint job like art. I had him do multiple cars including my Ferrari and Tesla. Look them up on instagram and you can see videos of his work. He also costs a third of what the OC body shops charge.

The Royal collision Centre in Escondido

I know you'll find this not the traditional choice, but after going to several high end bodyshops in OC, I went where I had an excellent experience on my wife's Durango. I met with Robert Gegg, manager of the Tuttle Click Collision Center in Irvine. I'm sure many of you are going to say I'm "nuts", but Robert is superstar, and extremely fastidious and a type A personality for getting things perfect. My Model 3 didn't need any specific Tesla parts as it was all labor and paint. You owe it to yourself to meet with Robert, and not anyone else there. Robert loves to work on high-end vehicles. I'm a former detailer and know how to judge the auto body work/paint. Good luck as I know you want to find that "perfect" shop to repair your prized possession.

Thank you everyone for all the replies! I ended up taking it to Amato’s Auto Body in San Diego. I’ll hopefully update this thread to put you all at ease with the great outcome or make you cringe with the opposite results!

Thank you!