Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need a little advise now that I will get my Tesla Y in June

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Tesla Sisters and Brothers,

I need some advise. My MY will be parked in my driveway as it will not fit in my old 1922 garage.

I will be using the remote charger on a NEMA 14-50 plug that will be locked in an Eaton box on the wall
close to where the car will be parked. But I want to also have a metal box that is water and animal proof
to store the charging cord in while not in use. I am envisioning a proper size box that is below the Eaton box for this purpose.

What size box will I need? Can anyone suggest where I might get such a box? I am open to
other suggestions to secure the charging cord?

I am so excited about finally getting my car after 1.5yr of waiting.

thx

I have an outlet on a post behind my office that I use to charge at work when needed. I have the outlet enclosed in a small box that I keep locked. I just leave the charging cord inside the office and just plug it in when needed. I only use it maybe 2 times per week..... I have been doing this for 9 moths and it has worked perfectly fine for me.

Reactions: blissdancer
I want to also have a metal box to store the charging cord in while not in use.
I use a $50 STEREN Lockable Internet Cabinet (19" x 15") to contain a 14-50 plug, the Tesla mobile adapter and 20' cord, cable holder and adapter holder.

Note: When I am charging, I keep the adapter inside the cabinet but I am still able to lock the door with the cable passing at the corner of the box.

2018-11-28-evse-cabinet-closed-jpg.358314

2018-11-28-evse-cabinet-open-jpg.358315

Last edited: