TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Need a MS in may next year... :-)

Discussion in 'California' started by mtthh, Nov 29, 2015.

1. mtthh

mtthh New Member

Hello friends,

I am a MS owners from Hamburg ( Germany ) and just plan my trip around California .

Now my question is, if any of you know where I can lend me a MS for 3 weeks .
    I can not possibly drive a petrol on vacation.

Does anyone have tips?

Looking forward to your ideas ...

Greetings from Hamburg (Germany)
    MTTHH

2. Monymgr

Monymgr Member

Hi mtthh,

I would be be amazed if someone loaned their MS. Suggest you look for high end car rentals. A quick Google search found several to choose from here in Los Angeles.
    Monymgr

3. e-FTW

e-FTW New electron smell

Ah yes, this is a problem. I rent a lot of cars for work when flying around the continent, and hate that part now.

I am tempted to suggest that you find an owner around here who was thinking of going to Germany at some point. You get to use their MS down here, they get to use yours in Germany! I know I would consider it.

4. kf93

kf93 Member

a Tesla rental will be very very expensive for a month. Thousands of euros would be a rough estimate. I agree you are better off arranging a swap with someone in the US who wants to spend some time in Germany. Alternative would be something smaller but hybrid or electric like a volt or a prius.

5. roblab

roblab Active Member

Back when I had two cars, I loaned mine to people. Well, I don't do that any more, because some people just can't have nice things.

That's why they have rentals. It doesn't matter what you do to the car if you don't ding the metal. Or even if you do. I've seen the movies, and I've seen people abuse my trust and my car. I'd have to know you pretty well, my wife would have to like you a lot, and I'd need a second car. Other than that, no problem.

6. MikeC

MikeC Active Member

I pulled off a successful car exchange with a TMCer from the Netherlands this past summer, I highly recommend it if you can find a trustworthy party to trade with. The fact that you only have one post on TMC might make it more difficult, but if you can get around that there may be some interested parties who have posted in this thread: Europe-US Model S Exchange?

7. mtthh

mtthh New Member

Thank you all...

i know that it is a problem. But I hope to finde a model s driver, how can and will share his car to a trustful german model s driver.
    A rental is too expensive for me, but i really don't want to drive a oil car in my holidays. If someone knows a cheaper version, than renting a models s as a normal way... Please contact me...

best at regards from hamburg
    MTTHH

8. Ted Clifton

Ted Clifton New Member

We Live near Seattle Washington, and are interested in a Model S -house exchange for a couple weeks to a month. We have a net pozitive home that powers our two electric cars.

9. GuyHall

GuyHall Member

Before my ev days I did a house car exchange. Very successful. Car insurance covers 3rd party drivers if use is under 1 month.