Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need a MS in may next year... :-)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello friends,

I am a MS owners from Hamburg ( Germany ) and just plan my trip around California .

Now my question is, if any of you know where I can lend me a MS for 3 weeks .
I can not possibly drive a petrol on vacation.

Does anyone have tips?

Looking forward to your ideas ...

Greetings from Hamburg (Germany)
MTTHH

Ah yes, this is a problem. I rent a lot of cars for work when flying around the continent, and hate that part now.

I am tempted to suggest that you find an owner around here who was thinking of going to Germany at some point. You get to use their MS down here, they get to use yours in Germany! I know I would consider it.

a Tesla rental will be very very expensive for a month. Thousands of euros would be a rough estimate. I agree you are better off arranging a swap with someone in the US who wants to spend some time in Germany. Alternative would be something smaller but hybrid or electric like a volt or a prius.

a Tesla rental will be very very expensive for a month. Thousands of euros would be a rough estimate. I agree you are better off arranging a swap with someone in the US who wants to spend some time in Germany. Alternative would be something smaller but hybrid or electric like a volt or a prius.

Back when I had two cars, I loaned mine to people. Well, I don't do that any more, because some people just can't have nice things.

That's why they have rentals. It doesn't matter what you do to the car if you don't ding the metal. Or even if you do. I've seen the movies, and I've seen people abuse my trust and my car. I'd have to know you pretty well, my wife would have to like you a lot, and I'd need a second car. Other than that, no problem.

I pulled off a successful car exchange with a TMCer from the Netherlands this past summer, I highly recommend it if you can find a trustworthy party to trade with. The fact that you only have one post on TMC might make it more difficult, but if you can get around that there may be some interested parties who have posted in this thread: Europe-US Model S Exchange?

Thank you all...

i know that it is a problem. But I hope to finde a model s driver, how can and will share his car to a trustful german model s driver.
A rental is too expensive for me, but i really don't want to drive a oil car in my holidays. If someone knows a cheaper version, than renting a models s as a normal way... Please contact me...

best at regards from hamburg
MTTHH