TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Need a name for this:

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by wycolo, Feb 13, 2013.

1. wycolo

wycolo Active Member

WE NEED A NAME FOR THIS:

Sure it was a blue sky day, but cold, 20*F and lower over the passes, so since I could spare an hour I hit RANGE CHARGE for my usual 180 mile round trip to the City. An hour later it was @258 miles, up from 236 standard, so I stopped the charge and drove off confident having the extra miles. The charging was reduced to 15A (out of 30A) so if I had continued with the full RANGE charge it would have consumed a good bit of extra time to pump up the battery to FULL (~270 miles). Which I didn't need anyway.

So there should be a name for this particular charge point, since it is the next convenient jump up from FULL STANDARD and is quickly achievable- took one hour longer at 235V 30A. Less battery strain, too, since it is used up immediately as you drive off. Immediately since you apply this extra charge within an hour of leaving. Plus you are in RANGE MODE for the trip so battery is under further 'protection'.

A catchy name for this chargepoint would help its adoption in everyday EV driving. Would reduce global range anxiety.
    --

2. Tommy

Tommy Member

Borrowing terminology from the food industry; I'd say we have a battery that is Medium done, not Rare like in a standard charge or Well Done as in a Range charge. It's Medium done; just how I like my steaks cooked.:smile:

3. Puyallup Bill

Puyallup Bill Member

Happy Medium.
    No Worries.
    Mid-Range.

4. Thumper

Thumper Member

Pleasantly plump.

5. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Strange Mode

6. tezco

tezco Sig P85

Charge mode goes from gobbler to sipper, so maybe that would be the gobbler tipping point, (or the sipping threshold).

7. rsquared99

rsquared99 Member

Goldilocks zone.