Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need a Power Trunk Installer in GTA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Try Bruno Alexandre Santos of Evolutionracing.ca
He is a TOCO member.
Thanks for that recommendation @mrElbe . I know I'm not the OP but I'll check them out as I am also looking to get a trunk kit installed (as soon as I order one).

Another potential installer might be Cyril Wheeler at Wheeler Automotive. He's not quite GTA (he's up in Innerkip) but he's a former Tesla Mobile Ranger and knows his stuff.

Thanks for sharing that information. If I understand you correctly, that price includes purchasing the kit on your behalf, so no need to order one in advance? If so, I may just reach out to them as well.
Actually, it's an extra $50 for the foot sensor. Yes, $950 is all in with the foot sensor. They use a kit other than Tesla offer nor Hansshow.. I can't remember what's it's called but call Bruno and talk to him. He sounds very knowledgeable....

Reactions: coolmanfever
I got both the power trunk and frunk from Tesla Offer (seemed slightly better reviews when I was googling and youtubing) .

On the Telsa owners forum a guy was sharing a code for a bulk buy so I got 20% off. This happens periodically.

The power Frunk is SIMPLE to install. So I would definitely not worry about doing this yourself. Easy peasy. Pop off bits.
Follow the video. Document has all the info, not super clear, but it is all there, Really easy. So easy I would install these as a part time gig!! (Dublin Ireland!).

The Power Trunk - is actually not too bad either.
Hard parts:
> Feed wires to boot lid through rubber tube - Buy a fishing wire - Grease the wire and release the tie clops - easy.
> Wires from Power Struts to Boot. If you have the model with the panel under the back boot - then this is easy, no need to take off rear lights.
Open panel, remove grommets in lower boot. Pass wires to the side of rear lamps, then through the bumper (tricky bit, may require a screwdriver to sloghtly pry the gap open a few millimeters to allow wore plug ends to pass through) hen you can feed the wire and feel your way via the hole on the bottom of the bumper..
> Power - made easy if you get your power from under the back seat - easy peasy
> CANBUS under back of center console - wires go along side of car, under righthand seat and to console canbus connector. - Easy PEasy

So no tapping wires inthe fuse panel under steering wheel, no wiring power to front trunk area, much easier than I expected and works.

Did have some issues with frunk connectors - the pins were not aligned and popped out connector wires, aligned and resolved no problem.#

So - do not be afraid, I just had the wrench, torx for rear trunk latch and fish wire really to install no major tools needed...