Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need a shop recommendation for Roadster Speaker/Sub replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, I have a Roadster Sport 2.0 (#502) and was wondering if anyone knows of a good audio shop they could recommend to do work on replacing the stock speakers and the subwoofer with something better. I would love to find a shop that has worked on roadsters before and people had a good experience. Thank you!

While they are more body shops rather than audio, Chilton Auto Body in San Carlos knows the Roadster through and through. They did significant body work on my car and I'm pleased. Someone on this site I think mentioned lotus repair san jose also for Roadster work. They could probably do the work or refer you to a place which has done the audio work.

Replacing the dash speaker is easy. Did it myself, page on the wiki. Others it would be good for people to post more info.

If I had to do it over again, I'd try the Rockford Fosgate speakers recommended by heychubs in post #30:
No Brainer 4" drop-in speaker upgrade phenomenon

If you do need to replace the sub, see my photo in post #29 hat shows access from the left rear wheel well.

If you decide to upgrade the amp, make sure they disconnect the one above the passenger footwell. My installer hid an amp in the passenger footwell floor area.

I also installed fabric wheel liners and still cannot hear the music on the freeway with the top off.