TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Need a Tesla account to reserve in-store?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by erthquake, Mar 28, 2016.

1. erthquake

erthquake Member

Do you think the stores will make us log into our Tesla.com accounts to reserve in-store on the 31st? I'm asking because I use a password manager, and I'd rather not have to log into my manager on one of their computers in order to log into my Tesla account. If so, I'll just change my password the night before to something that I can commit to memory.

2. astrothad

astrothad Member

Seeing as your "My Tesla" account is how the ongoing steps of production, delivery, etc. will be tracked, I would count on having to login at the store. Technically, the sales don't happen at the store, but on-line.

• Helpful x 1
  3. WarpedOne

WarpedOne Supreme Premier

What about ppl without existing account?
    I kinda doubt the reservation process in store will include account creation an entering all the details. No way they can take 100k reservations before reveal this way.

4. Silvwarrior

Silvwarrior Member

I was told that the reservation process is done through your my Tesla account. So yes make sure you have an account and make it as easy as possible to remember how to get in to it.

• Helpful x 1
  5. rnelsonee

rnelsonee Member

Although this is pure speculation, it would make a lot of sense to use Tesla accounts for this process (how else would you do it)? I created a Tesla account for this, and if it is the case you need one, one would hope Tesla employees would tell line-goers to create one before getting up to the front, in order to speed things along.

Note creating an account is a one-step process that requires only your name, email, and password - no payment info, no address, and not even a username. So I'd imagine anyone without a phone that can't do it in line will just create one at the reservation computer.

• Helpful x 2