Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

need a travel map from memphis to chicago including all charging stations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would like to drive the tesla x from memphis to chicago, but I need to find a route that shows all charging stations on the way. it is a 532 mile distance. i also need to know where there is a charging station within the chicago area. preferably, in west rogers park

please advise

I would like to drive the tesla x from memphis to chicago, but I need to find a route that shows all charging stations on the way. it is a 532 mile distance. i also need to know where there is a charging station within the chicago area. preferably, in west rogers park

please advise

Besides the Tesla map (supercharger and destination chargers), try plugshare.com

Have fun! And welcome to TMC!

• Helpful
Reactions: GSP
in addition to the advice given, the trip planner in your car works well and will guide you to each SpC along the way. I recently drove from FLA to chicago via nashville and relied on the onboard trip planner for the entire trip. just be aware that climatic conditions and long upgrades will impact on your range calculations. if it is raining, or you encounter strong headwinds charge longer to add an addition 20-30% to the what the trip planner recommends.

EVTrip Plan <evtripplanner.com> has been my go to source for years and many cross-country miles. It's a wealth of info when plotting travels, with a lot more than just "where and how far", including the ability to select your planned speed relative to the speed limit, effects of elevation change, temp and wind, and passenger/cargo weight. I've found it to be easy to use and remarkably accurate compared to "actuals" when I get to my destination. (BTW "evtripping.com" seems often inaccurate when estimating miles, but could be just me).

Reactions: 1101011

please advise
I kind of have my two step process:
(1) Check Supercharge.info to see if the route is already served by Superchargers. If it is--done. No need to check other stuff.
(2) If there are gaps in Supercharger coverage, then I use EVtripplanner and Plugshare to see what the long stretches look like for energy use and other charging options.

In your case of Memphis to Chicago, it's all easily done on I-55 and I-57 with Superchargers, and there are a few Superchargers in Chicago too, so it's all covered.

• Helpful
Reactions: GSP and 1101011
Re: chicago superchargers, AFAIK there is only one SpC in chicago and it is a 2 unit one at a service center and while I didn't visit it on a recent trip there. the reports are that it is busy and not always accessible.
PlugShare
You must consider "Chicago" much smaller than I do. I see FIVE Supercharger locations in the Chicago area, with two more under construction.