TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Need a Wheel

Discussion in 'Tesla Parts for Sale' started by ek903, Apr 14, 2012.

1. ek903

ek903 Member

Just crunched a rear wheel on a curb. Anyone have a spare rear wheel for sale?

Thanks,

Ed

2. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

There are three styles and different paints for each.

3. ek903

ek903 Member

Rear Wheel

Forged alloy, silver (not painted)..

Thanks.

4. hcsharp

hcsharp Active Member

The forged wheels are directional so we need to know right or left. And I think there were 2 different styles of forged wheels. Any pics?

5. ek903

ek903 Member

Need Wheel

8387968_10.jpg
    Drivers side rear

6. chris22104

chris22104 Member

Do you have a pic of the damaged wheel? I had two bent rims on my dodge viper gts that I sent to this place in PA (see link below,) with great results. I actually sent them all 4 rims, as the other 2 had curb rash on them. They all came back perfect. I was quite impressed. Fully repaired, repolished, re-powdercoated in clear. If you send them a pic, they will tell you if it's too far gone or if it looks like something they can do. And they'll give you an estimate too. (Mine were $150 each plus shipping, which I thought was really cheap.) I don't know where you are located, but in the NE, this is the place to go. I'm sure there are many such places on the west coast....
    http://www.wheelcollision.com/

7. ek903

ek903 Member

Thanks for the tip. Problem is I use the Roadster every day, so I will need a wheel while it is being repaired. Great idea though. I will probably send them the damaged wheel for repair.

Thanks.

8. tennis_trs

tennis_trs 2010 2.0 Roadster Sport

This thread:
    directional wheels
    seems to indicate that (nearly) all combinations of orientations have been seen on Roadsters.