Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need a windshield replacement recommendation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My front windshield cracked over the weekend due to a rough road conditions, and I am only 45 days away from lease returned.

The tesla quoted 1.5 K for parts and labor, I wonder if anyone can recommend a better deal in southern california

Also, is an off-brand windshield acceptable during lease return?

Thanks

My front windshield cracked over the weekend due to a rough road conditions, and I am only 45 days away from lease returned.

The tesla quoted 1.5 K for parts and labor, I wonder if anyone can recommend a better deal in southern california

Also, is an off-brand windshield acceptable during lease return?

Thanks

I dont believe you will find an aftermarket one that will be cheaper than having it installed by Tesla. I dont even know if there is a third party one available, but even if there is, there will not be significant (if any) savings.

Reactions: Red Ryder 3
I don't believe there's any 3rd party windshields that's available for the Model 3s, even Safelite is using OEM glass from Tesla.

Check your comprehensive coverage with your insurance to see if it's worth going through them, if it's low enough, it might be your best option instead of paying off pocket.

Be careful about third party parts in a Tesla lease. Had some scratches taken care of at a Tesla recommended Tucson shop and the intake person mentioned that Tesla was very fussy about their paint repairs.

Putting in a third party window only to have it rejected at lease return would be a bummer!

Rich