Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need Advice - 2021 Model 3 Long Range Black/Black

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there, happy to help! Bummer that you ran over a rock--but it happens; we see minor/non-accident damage all the time in listings; life happens.

How much does it affect the price of the vehicle? This depends on a few things: 1) Do you have all the repair records? 2) What was the extent of the non-batter damage? (i.e. no frame damage, etc.). 3) Does the car still have a clean title? 4) How picky are your interested buyers?

If it was a standard "oopsie" accident, with no major damage, repaired at a Tesla-certified shop (or Tesla themselves), you have all the paperwork, and the car is still clean-titled, then it affects the value a little but, but probably not more than a few percentage points or so max.

Does the new battery add value? Not really. In this case, it's more or less cancelled out by the accident. And the vehicle is still under warranty (it seems), so the battery replacement is sort of negligible. If you had an older, out-of-warranty Model S, and had a battery replaced just at the end of the battery warranty in a non-accident situation, that's when you'll get the most resale value out of a battery replacement.

In terms of disclosure, yes--you want to fully-disclose the history, but you don't need to worry too much about it. A few lines in a seller description wherever you decide to list will suffice; if buyers want more info, they can ask you. In other words, always be honest, but you don't need to drone on telling a large story--just the facts and an invitation to ask questions is generally good.

If you're looking for comparables, you can visit findmyelectric.com/listings/ and check the "Include Sold Listings" box. This will allow you to see the asking price of all vehicles that have sold (we built this specifically so people like you could do pricing research).

That said, if you choose to list with us ($49 only), we provide "Expert Pricing Help" if you ask for it, and will look at all the market data we have to dial in the best selling price for you. We also have the option to list for free, but this comes with lower exposure, no support, and no pricing help (although it is totally free--no catch!).

Lastly, you can request an instant offer on our site from our curated EV dealer network--it only takes 2 minutes and there's no obligation. One benefit of doing so is it'll give you another data point on price.

Any questions, feel free to hit us up!
Good Morning!

That's really great info you provided. I really appreciate it.

All work was performed by the Tesla Service Center here in Pomona, CA and I do have the invoice. There was no frame or bumper damage. The rock cleared the front and rear bumpers and did all it's damage under the car. I will attach a picture of the damage and screenshot of the invoice. I'm not going to pretend I know what exactly was done. I did end up running a Carfax report. The title is clean, no accident shown. The car is still under warranty, but I don't think the new battery extends the warranty. I'm not sure, tbh.

I would love to sell the car as you see it from the above pictures. Do you feel like I can get more from using your site with everything the way it is or is it best to remove the aftermarket wheels and coilovers and return to OEM wheels and suspension and sell it that way? I will definitely disclose on the listing and be happy to answer honestly if asked.

Thank you for your help with this.

IMG_9899.JPG
Screenshot 2022-06-09 091807.jpg
Screenshot 2022-06-09 091853.jpg
Screenshot 2022-06-09 091853.jpg

Hi All,

I'm considering selling my 2021 Model 3 Long Range with no FSD. I'm not sure how much I should sell the car for due to a couple of factors. Any opinion on these factors will be greatly appreciated. The car currently has little over 35k miles. However, the battery pack was replaced at around 32k miles with a new OEM battery pack from Telsa. Total cost was a little over $17k. I'm curious if the newer battery pack will help with the value?
The car does have a few aftermarket parts which I will list below. I'm willing to sell the car with the aftermarket wheels and coilovers and include the original aero wheels and suspension with the sale or remove them and reinstall the original wheels and suspension, if I'm not able to get a higher selling price. The original aero wheels and suspension had around 1k miles before they were swapped out. I do have invoices to show all work that has been done. I'm wondering how much is my car worth? I will also include some pictures. Thank you all for taking a look at this and for helping out.

- Signature SV501, Gloss Gunmetal, 19x8.5 ET24 squared
- MPP Comfort Coilover(Non-Adjustable)
- Painted Calipers to Chalk Gray
- Xpel Prime XR PLUS window tint, 20% side and rear windows, 70% windshield, & 5% visor
- Ceramic Pro Silver Plus - 7 Year

View attachment 813852View attachment 813853View attachment 813854View attachment 813855View attachment 813856
I can't message you , but i might be interested. Local to you

Good Morning!

That's really great info you provided. I really appreciate it.

All work was performed by the Tesla Service Center here in Pomona, CA and I do have the invoice. There was no frame or bumper damage. The rock cleared the front and rear bumpers and did all it's damage under the car. I will attach a picture of the damage and screenshot of the invoice. I'm not going to pretend I know what exactly was done. I did end up running a Carfax report. The title is clean, no accident shown. The car is still under warranty, but I don't think the new battery extends the warranty. I'm not sure, tbh.

I would love to sell the car as you see it from the above pictures. Do you feel like I can get more from using your site with everything the way it is or is it best to remove the aftermarket wheels and coilovers and return to OEM wheels and suspension and sell it that way? I will definitely disclose on the listing and be happy to answer honestly if asked.

Thank you for your help with this.

That damage doesn't look bad at all. It's clear why they'd replace the battery, but no frame damage etc.

Generally speaking, you probably have a bit less mass appeal with aftermarket suspension etc., as more people than not are looking for a stock Tesla. That said, there are plenty of people who aren't as well. If it's not a big expense to revert, your saleability might be a little bit better with stock items.

That said, you can always list it with the aftermarket parts and see how it goes--the difference is not massive either way.