Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

need advice for front speakers upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have basic audio system
there are a few people replaced just the rear door speakers for the upgrade, but I did not see anyone do the same for the front/tweeters.
If I just want to keep it simple and replace the front speaker and tweeters, what is the best approach?
can I just replace the frontal midrange driver?
If I want to replace both the midrange and tweeter, do I have to use the aftermarket crossover?
I know the location of the front door speaker cables are located under the side panels, but how about cable for the A pillar tweeter?

Thanks guys, but this is a DIY project.
Based on what I read, there is not crossover found for the front door driver and the A pillar tweeter, so the signal must be filtered in the HU. Anyone know how to connect to the aftermarket crossover? Or just hook up the aftermarket mid and tweeter using the factory wires?

I got my standard sound system upgraded a few weeks ago.

They installed a kit of door- and a-pillar speakers. Focal 165 K.

I also got the NVX B.O.O.S.T kit (Seriously, DO THIS!!!!), and the sound now is magnificent (I had the Tesla "hifi-upgrade" in my previous Tesla, and this is way better!)...

They did also install a new amp for the front kit. (signal from 17" screen -> line-signal converter (included in nvx-kit) -> split into signal to new amp for front kit + amp for sub)...

They also did a lot of sound-proofing of all four doors (very noticeable).

sQH0y2a.jpg

eXSGizX.jpg

Reactions: Tes LA and davidc18