Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need Advice...MX Vin was just assigned but I want to Reject...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I first placed my order 2/22 so it hasn't been as long as most of you here. my initial EDD was for Jan 2023. It has bounced around here and there give or take a month or two. When I last checked it Friday 6/24 my EDD was for Jan 2023. Somehow I got an Email today saying my VIN was assigned and to finish the steps to take delivery. I went ahead and accepted and made the financial payment and loan to be put in place. But from what I have been studying about the VIN is that this was very early VIN NF328... So my main concern is that it was a reject and that it does not have the Swivel Screen which I really want. My question is, If i go to the delivery center and the car does not have the swivel screen can i reject the car? if i do reject, how soon after would i get another?? would it be within a month or so? any help or insight would be great. bought 4 teslas and never had this issue. ..

That is a real early vin. For context, i took delivery of my MX plaid Feb 1 with an NF331 VIN and mine does not have swivel. If you really want the swivel then just tell ur SA that you want to reject it and wait for another match. IMO, that VIN is likely a reject. I bet that you would be assigned a new vin within the next 4-6 weeks but that is just my guess. Good luck.

Reactions: Rotarybuddy
It was absolutely a reject. Avoid. I wish I had rejected my second X which was a NF337x vin. I picked it up April 7th. It has been at Tesla for all but a few weeks for paint and body issues. My family and I haven't gotten to use it once since we got it. I put 1500 miles on an M3 loaner and now have an X loaner.

By the time I get it back, half the car will have been repainted. The right corner panel was scratched when the quarter glass was replaced and they tried to hide it with touchup paint.

The rear hatch was completely repainted for no apparent reason and they left overspray and tape on the rear hatch components because it wasn't disassembled. The color is completely off. The bumper was repaired and the repair under the paint is shrinking exposing the previous work done. The passenger a-pillar was repainted due to a paint line that looks like a hair got stuck underneath but they did not paint the windshield side of the a-pillar so it's partially white with a partial base coat of the metallic blue and entirely missing the clear coat.

The thing that sucks is that 3 the bumper, hatch, and right quarter panel have to be completely redone now when they were perfect when I brought in for service for the other panel paint issues from the factory.

The paint issues in general are mismatching color, overspray, high and uneven tape lines, fish eyes, missing base coat, and missing clear coat....plus a lot of improper prep to avoid disassembly.

Tell them that you want a vin for a car they're going to build and no one that was built months ago.

Reactions: Neewbs
It was absolutely a reject. Avoid. I wish I had rejected my second X which was a NF337x vin. I picked it up April 7th. It has been at Tesla for all but a few weeks for paint and body issues. My family and I haven't gotten to use it once since we got it. I put 1500 miles on an M3 loaner and now have an X loaner.

By the time I get it back, half the car will have been repainted. The right corner panel was scratched when the quarter glass was replaced and they tried to hide it with touchup paint.

The rear hatch was completely repainted for no apparent reason and they left overspray and tape on the rear hatch components because it wasn't disassembled. The color is completely off. The bumper was repaired and the repair under the paint is shrinking exposing the previous work done. The passenger a-pillar was repainted due to a paint line that looks like a hair got stuck underneath but they did not paint the windshield side of the a-pillar so it's partially white with a partial base coat of the metallic blue and entirely missing the clear coat.

The thing that sucks is that 3 the bumper, hatch, and right quarter panel have to be completely redone now when they were perfect when I brought in for service for the other panel paint issues from the factory.

The paint issues in general are mismatching color, overspray, high and uneven tape lines, fish eyes, missing base coat, and missing clear coat....plus a lot of improper prep to avoid disassembly.

Tell them that you want a vin for a car they're going to build and no one that was built months ago.
I have similar issues with my 337 VIN. Mine will also be spending a few weeks at the body shop.