Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need advice on data retrieval after accident with lying Fireman

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Couldn't your insurance company get the info on who was stationed to that vehicle that day in that location and get statements from those guys?

Did you take a photo of the damage to your car? Didn't see it. I know when a landscapers utility truck was backing out of a parking space next to our MS it cut the wheel too soon and scraped the rear quarter panel with the step of his vehicle. Guy and his passenger clearly knew they did the damage and left the scene only to be stopped by a kind lady who took a photo of their vehicle while they were at the nearby stop sign and told them she'd report them to the police if they didn't drive back and tell the owner. Husband did have his Blackvue on and caught some of the action with the rear cam and with the front cam footage of them leaving the scene and returning. No TeslaCam/Sentry Mode on his MS back then. He got the upgrade and now has it and uses it and the Blackvue still. I always carry a second drive with me for my Model 3 to swap out if I need to. Sorry you didn't have your TeslaCam working, it would have made this all so much easier for you and should be word of advice for those that don't bother to use theirs. You just never know when you could use it.

From the two photos I saw that you posted that was a tight spot. I could possibly see the firetruck thinking it made it past you and cut the wheel to get back to more of the middle of the road there and hitting the back of the car. Also possible he thought you had started pulling away too and you caught the rear end of the truck. I'm sure your car would have felt the impact but in his truck I doubt he would have felt anything.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who finds it weird that lutriant is up/down voting posts in this thread but hasn’t posted a single thing? Taking the label of “lurker” to a strange level.
They’ve been doing that all over random threads for years. Just ignore that one - he/she/it’s not worth your brain cells.

AAB2C79B-3137-431A-A910-FB079E3FA5FF.jpeg

Reactions: Phlier