Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need advice on getting low mileage 2020 M3 LR AWD [in a country tesla does not sell to]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello All,
I want to get into electric cars and was looking for buying a Tesla Model 3 or Model Y.
However I am living in an Eastern Europe country (Republic of Moldova) and Tesla cars won't be sold officially here for a couple more years. So I was looking for low mileage options in Europe.
Recently I found a 2020 M3 LR AWD with FSD included and acceleration boost package for a price about 40k € from a private seller in Czech Republic.

It has a mileage of 40k km and only one owner.

Is it worth buying or should I wait? Should I add 10+ thousands and get a new 2021 M3 LR without FSD? Perhaps when the Giga Berlin will be fully operational the prices will drop more on second hand market. I don't know. It's my second car in my life, I sold my 2006 ICE car the other week and really don't want to get another ICE as intermediate step before Giga Berlin will supply enough electric cars for all European countries.

Thanks.

I would not own one of these cars "grey market" in a country that they are not supported. Thats just me, and my risk tolerance (or lack thereof).

You will want to look for social media groups in your country that discuss what it might be like to own one of these there. This does not seem appropriate for "2nd car in my life" and "I dont have a car currently, sold my ICE".

It would seem more appropriate for someone for whom this was a 2nd / alternative car, that wouldnt cause them a problem if they couldnt use it for days, weeks etc.

Thanks for your opinion. In the neighbor countries Tesla is officially sold and there are Tesla superchargers and a Tesla service. It is about 230 miles (450 km) from the place I live so I guess it is acceptable.
I joined some Tesla user groups channels in my city and obviously they recognize that it's a little bit harder in terms of original parts supply chain however it is acceptable timewise and money wise 🙂

The previous ICE car was serviced by me mostly and only major work like changing struts or some body work was done in authorized shops.