Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need advice on how to price.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm looking to sell my 14 S85 with 7200 miles. I want to order something a little faster. It has red multi coat paint, pano roof, 19" cyclone wheels, black leather, Obeche wood, Tech package with AP. any ideas where I should start? Been offered $69000 from a Lexus dealer to buy outright.

Not sure what happened tried to reply. If this is repeat post sorry.
Look up Tesla CPO: Pre-Owned ModelS | Tesla Motors
then this is a GREAT website that you can change columns to see how much other S85s are going for...granted they are also CPO but consolidated: http://ev-cpo.com

I think $69k is low BUT if you do not want the hassle of trying to sell on your own could work out for you. I would also contact Tesla to see what they will offer. CarMax is not offering as much as they used to.

Good luck

I am sure others will weight their opinion here but I believe it is more challenging to sell a Tesla privately esp. with all the CPOs coming around as Tesla buyers are scooping up newer models..I am just as guilty. I sold my 2013 Tesla S60 and thought it would be a breeze...was not. My opinion is most tesla buyers are just going to Tesla via CPO or new. If you think you have a good asking price in mind, POST IT in the forums and see what people say and how they respond. Might as well see what Tesla says though as far as a trade-in.

I'm looking to sell my 14 S85 with 7200 miles. I want to order something a little faster. It has red multi coat paint, pano roof, 19" cyclone wheels, black leather, Obeche wood, Tech package with AP. any ideas where I should start? Been offered $69000 from a Lexus dealer to buy outright.

Order something a little faster? Meaning another faster Model S? Did you tell Tesla Motors about the possibility of trading yours in? If so, ask them for a quote.

Hmm. TBH - I think I'd be pretty happy with the offer from the Lexus dealer esp. if KY is a net trade state on taxes (like TN). A quick look at the Tesla CPO site and, while a tad low, $69K seems like a fair offer. In TN the tax advantage of taking a dealer trade would be something like $4500 at this number so all of the sudden a very good deal. Doubly so when you consider the hassle factor.

I'd take the money and run - unless I could get more from Tesla in an upgrade to a P90D!!

I would take that $69K and run before they change their mind. You may have a hard time selling this car for much more than that private party and you might find that to be more of a hassle than it is worth, especially given that you already have an offer for $69K.

They are likely not able to get much more for that car and they might even end up having that car sit around for months and possibly end up selling it for a loss. The reason being for the low $70Ks you can buy a 2014 S85 CPO Model S from Tesla with a full 4 year warranty.