Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need Advice on this CPO (2016 90D)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi people!

I'm new to the forum, and I'm wondering if anyone knows how much it would be to repair a small dent on the face like this?
p.jpeg

If you have trouble seeing it - it's a 1-2 inch dent slightly below the front-left headlight.

Also, is $59,800 a good price for a 2016 90D? Almost mint condition (the dent seems to come from transporting it to the warehouse), mileage almost 37,000, midnight silver and tan leather seats, almost every upgrade is included from the 2016 model except the sub-zero weather package. I'll have to pay the $2000 shipping too.

Annnnd - is it good-looking from a guy's view? I'm hoping to get a Tesla as my fiance's V-Day gift, and I find this car very attractive...

Thanks a lot!

Not sure about the dent, doesn’t look too bad
Biggest thing you should know is the difference between AP1 vs AP2
The refresh nosecone you are looking at came with both versions of the hardware as I recall
AP2 sells at a premium to AP1

Pretty sure you are looking at a car with AP1

Nice car ..if u have cams on side it’s AP2 u may be able to fix with a paintless dent removal ..I think u can prob get away under 1k for fix if not lower ..

Not sure about the dent, doesn’t look too bad
Biggest thing you should know is the difference between AP1 vs AP2
The refresh nosecone you are looking at came with both versions of the hardware as I recall
AP2 sells at a premium to AP1

Pretty sure you are looking at a car with AP1

Thanks for reminding me of the AP1 vs AP2. I did some research and I'm pretty sure this is an AP1 as well. I took a look at the MFD of this card, and it's labeled "06/16", which I assume means it came out in June 2016.

With just an AP1, do you think 59800 is too much to pay?

Nice car ..if u have cams on side it’s AP2 u may be able to fix with a paintless dent removal ..I think u can prob get away under 1k for fix if not lower ..
I looked very closely but it doesn't seem to have the cameras on the side. This is the closest pic I could get to see the sides.
p.jpeg

Is AP2 called "enhanced autopilot"? I did a search on ev-cpo and only two 100D came out. So I guess AP2 is not common in used inventory.

Sorry to keep asking everybody this, but is 59800 a reasonable price to pay for this car?

I looked at CPO offerings
Cheapest and maybe only 90D with AP2 is 71,700
The car you are looking at has a vin in the 140k range, for sure AP1
Seems like that car is on the lower end of the prices for 90D’s with refresh nosecone
So if you’re happy with the condition ( dent withstanding ) probably a fair deal
The mileage is a bit high compared to some. I’m not too concerned with that tho
I haven’t looked but if you go a non-CPO route, I’d watch for offerings on this forum

Seems like that car is on the lower end of the prices for 90D’s with refresh nosecone
So if you’re happy with the condition ( dent withstanding ) probably a fair deal
I haven’t looked but if you go a non-CPO route, I’d watch for offerings on this forum
I have a late 2016 S90 D with less than 21000 miles in near perfect condition listed currently. AP 2 and free Supercharging which transfers to the next owner. Seems like a better bet than that CPO but I might be a little biased. ;) Lol

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA

Thanks a lot for the thoughts! Your words were enough for me to pull the trigger. I just placed a deposit on this car.
I'm not looking to steal a deal, just a fair price is ok. For some reason, this car really caught my eye so I decided to go with it. I'm not quite experienced in hunting used cars, so I still chose to go the CPO route, at least for a piece of mind.

I have a late 2016 S90 D with less than 21000 miles in near perfect condition listed currently. AP 2 and free Supercharging which transfers to the next owner. Seems like a better bet than that CPO but I might be a little biased. ;) Lol
Thanks for letting me know but I've decided to go with this car, just to play safe. Yours sound even better so I'm sure it will sell in a blink.

Price is ok ..u are not getting AP2.X and 90 batteries had more issues with degradation..what is good is he the new front end ..
Thanks! I can't really afford an AP2, and I did find out about the 90 batteries degradation issue. Hopefully, this car won't be too bad. I guess I'll see how the batteries still stand at the delivery.

Thanks a lot for the thoughts! Your words were enough for me to pull the trigger. I just placed a deposit on this car.
I'm not looking to steal a deal, just a fair price is ok. For some reason, this car really caught my eye so I decided to go with it. I'm not quite experienced in hunting used cars, so I still chose to go the CPO route, at least for a piece of mind.

Welcome to the club...
Hope it works out
I actually have a Dec 2016 90D, and have enjoyed it like no other car

You will find I think AP1 works just fine. Ask to see the range and batt percentage to work out the batt condition, anything 95% or better is normal. If you see something you don't like, you have 7days to pick out another one. In my case, I could tell at first glance the car had been very lightly used and exceptionally well kept. Your fiance is a a Very lucky person!

Me too! The only reason I'm selling mine is because I have the opportunity to upgrade to an early 2017 S 100D. :)
Yeah, I have desires for a P100D. I have actually considered selling my car and waiting it out a bit to afford a used P100D. As I recall there are a few 2016 P100D’s. That would be perfect
My wife thinks I’m nuts. She wants to know why do you want even faster.

Also, pretty sure I’m familiar with your car via many videos. If anyone is looking for a great 90D AP2 they look no further

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Yeah, I have desires for a P100D. I have actually considered selling my car and waiting it out a bit to afford a used P100D. As I recall there are a few 2016 P100D’s. That would be perfect
My wife thinks I’m nuts. She wants to know why do you want even faster.

Also, pretty sure I’m familiar with your car via many videos. If anyone is looking for a great 90D AP2 they look no further

Good luck convincing your wife. I think the 2016 P100Ds are still a bit expensive but should be coming down this year.

Sounds like you might also have a good idea on what my new car would be too. ;)

AP2 started with VINs above 166K, and a mfg date after Oct 17th. My VIN on the 60D was 170K with a 12/16 mfg date. I intentionally searched for months to find one built between 10/18 and 12/30/16 to get AP2, facelift, next gen seats and transferable free lifetime supercharging. I never found one that Tesla was offering on their site below 71K, so bought 3rd party dealer/leasing firm last month. Buying from Tesla does give you 4 years/50K mile warranty from the date you buy it but I have been unimpressed with the quality of cars they have sent me pictures of, and others have also said they were disappointed when they went to see the car they wanted to buy. Many say they did nothing other than wash it :-(

Good luck on your decision.

AP2 started with VINs above 166K, and a mfg date after Oct 17th. My VIN on the 60D was 170K with a 12/16 mfg date. I intentionally searched for months to find one built between 10/18 and 12/30/16 to get AP2, facelift, next gen seats and transferable free lifetime supercharging. I never found one that Tesla was offering on their site below 71K, so bought 3rd party dealer/leasing firm last month. Buying from Tesla does give you 4 years/50K mile warranty from the date you buy it but I have been unimpressed with the quality of cars they have sent me pictures of, and others have also said they were disappointed when they went to see the car they wanted to buy. Many say they did nothing other than wash it :-(

Good luck on your decision.
My car is AP2 (currently up for sale) and has a VIN of 156xxx. I did delay delivery, so my VIN is lower than might be expected for an AP2 car delivered in December 2016. Just pointing out there are definitely AP2 cars with VINs way lower than 166k.