Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need Advice: Protecting Model 3 from sprinklers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I park my Model 3 on my driveway every night and use my outdoor HPWC. Problem is, my sprinklers go off twice per week and get annoying water drops all over the hood and windows. I do my best to wash my car when dirty but it's demotivating knowing it'll get dirty again the next day due to the sprinklers.

I've tried adjusting the sprinkler heads but there's only so much I can adjust due to their positioning and the fact that the Model 3 sorta extends onto the grass due to the driveway being narrow.

I tried applying RainX coating to the windows and it did help but only slightly. Still enough to annoy me.

I'm considering perhaps buying a car cover and putting it on every night the sprinklers go off. However, I can't find any good looking ones. Lots of Amazon results don't have the charging flap which I need to charge nor do they have the cool Tesla logo. I would've bought the one on the Tesla Shop if they had a water resistant version in black.

Anyone here have any advise for keeping it clean?

• Funny
Reactions: Gasaraki
I work from home, so the car is almost always there 24/7. If I run the sprinklers during the day, the water tends to evaporate a lot faster even during SoCal "winter", so I end up wasting a lot more water.

Even then, having to move the car during the day just before the sprinklers go off sounds more like a chore than simply putting on a cover. Street parking can often be full so having to walk blocks every time just for that is a no-go.

Reactions: Pkmmte
Reactions: Sam1
Reactions: Pkmmte and Sam1