TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Need Advice re: Driving and Time Management

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Keysh2oboy, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Keysh2oboy

Keysh2oboy Member

#1 Keysh2oboy, Apr 28, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
    Hey there

Looking for advice about a VERY serious issue.

I can't decide between driving fast (since the power is so incredible) and driving slow (so my ride in the fantastic machine last longer).

What to do?....

:eek:

Isn't it sad that this car has forced me into such a dilemma?

EDITED: And I don't mean speeding. Just zoom zoom when possible from stop lights, etc. Nothing illegal. Just being light-hearted about how I wish my drive times were sometimes longer. So I can enjoy the experience longer.

2. invisik

invisik Member

If you're close to chargers, I'd say fast within legal limits and conditions.......

-m

3. Lump

Lump Active Member

Drive smart & don't forget you don't own the road, a close friend was run over & killed while she was walking her dogs crossing the street & a careless driver ran a stop & left 2 kids without a mother.

4. Keysh2oboy

Keysh2oboy Member

^ That's horrible.

I would never be reckless. Didn't mean to imply otherwise.

5. Lump

Lump Active Member

I am sorry, my response wasn't appropriate & I should have used better choice of words when trying to say have fun but stay safe.

6. Keysh2oboy

Keysh2oboy Member

^Absolutely agree. Being safe is #1.

7. Tacket

Tacket Member

Since getting the Model S I don't mind traffic anymore, so I'm with you on this one!

8. MikeC

MikeC Active Member

The solution is to drive fast but not take the most direct route.

9. caddieo

caddieo Member

If range is not an issue, then let the situation dictate how you drive. The car's capabilities will allow you to go from one extreme to the other as long as you prioritize safety.

10. Librarian

Librarian Member

Use the power wisely - it's there for a reason. Would be sad to think a Tesla is doomed to life in the right lane.

11. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

There are two broad categories of Tesla drivers: those that drive sportily and those that drive economically. Both styles are fun but in different ways. It's up to you to determine which style you normally use. And everyone switches styles when circumstances favour one or the other.

12. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

fast fast fast fast fast fast fast fast fast fast fast fast fast fast superfast

13. Jaff

Jaff Active Member

Use both styles, but let your destination(s) for the day govern...if you need all of your range, drive accordingly...if you don't, have a bit 'o fun...

14. staze

staze Junior P85 Member

+1. I took a 20 mile drive to a coffee shop 1/2 mile away this past Saturday. I now enjoy seeing parts of my town and neighboring towns that I never would visit. There is hidden beauty in side-streets, farm lands, industrial parks and hillsides that I never witnessed nor would have had reason/opportunity to witness. I have a new appreciation for the community in which I live.

- - - Updated - - -

Well said jerry33. I have lived in both shoes. I started out in the sporty category flooring it every chance I had. I find myself drifting into the economic group trying to bring my Wh/mi down. Nobody is expecting me to and it's not about the money. I just like the challenge. The best part is that I can floor it anytime I want. I love this car.