Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need Advice re: Driving and Time Management

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey there

Looking for advice about a VERY serious issue.

I can't decide between driving fast (since the power is so incredible) and driving slow (so my ride in the fantastic machine last longer).

What to do?....

:eek:

Isn't it sad that this car has forced me into such a dilemma?

EDITED: And I don't mean speeding. Just zoom zoom when possible from stop lights, etc. Nothing illegal. Just being light-hearted about how I wish my drive times were sometimes longer. So I can enjoy the experience longer.

Last edited:
Drive smart & don't forget you don't own the road, a close friend was run over & killed while she was walking her dogs crossing the street & a careless driver ran a stop & left 2 kids without a mother.

There are two broad categories of Tesla drivers: those that drive sportily and those that drive economically. Both styles are fun but in different ways. It's up to you to determine which style you normally use. And everyone switches styles when circumstances favour one or the other.

Use both styles, but let your destination(s) for the day govern...if you need all of your range, drive accordingly...if you don't, have a bit 'o fun...

There are two broad categories of Tesla drivers: those that drive sportily and those that drive economically. Both styles are fun but in different ways. It's up to you to determine which style you normally use. And everyone switches styles when circumstances favour one or the other.

The solution is to drive fast but not take the most direct route.

+1. I took a 20 mile drive to a coffee shop 1/2 mile away this past Saturday. I now enjoy seeing parts of my town and neighboring towns that I never would visit. There is hidden beauty in side-streets, farm lands, industrial parks and hillsides that I never witnessed nor would have had reason/opportunity to witness. I have a new appreciation for the community in which I live.

- - - Updated - - -

Well said jerry33. I have lived in both shoes. I started out in the sporty category flooring it every chance I had. I find myself drifting into the economic group trying to bring my Wh/mi down. Nobody is expecting me to and it's not about the money. I just like the challenge. The best part is that I can floor it anytime I want. I love this car.