Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need Floor Mat recommendation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my Tesla Model S P100D almost 2 months ago and I've noticed that the OEM Floor Mats really suck (as already discussed in other topics in this forum). I'm now on this quest to find really nice and comfortable mats and would like to get some feedback. From my own research, I've narrowed down to tsportline and evannex (Luxe mats) - granted that I haven't seen them in person, are they really worth that premium price? Also, for whatever reason, I don't seem to find a lot of reviews on either one. Any feedback and/or pictures would be great!

P.S. I'm not interested in all-weather mats. Carpet pure and simple.

Thanks!

Reactions: DMack and CaliMS
I have the MAXpider carpeted version mentioned above. The color of the carpet is more black than the pictures Amazon shows.
They are thin, waterproof and fit pretty well too.

IMG_20171008_091544876_HDR copy.jpg
IMG_20171008_092846092_HDR copy.jpg

Reactions: lorenzo_t and Drlev
I have the MAXpider carpeted version mentioned above. The color of the carpet is more black than the pictures Amazon shows.
They are thin, waterproof and fit pretty well too.

View attachment 347411 View attachment 347413
Thanks for the pictures. How long have you had these? I’m a little worried about the fact they’re a bit thin - don’t want they to start curl up like the OEM ones. Those are supposed to provide a sound barrier for a quieter cabin ride. Have you noticed any difference?

Thanks for the pictures. How long have you had these? I’m a little worried about the fact they’re a bit thin - don’t want they to start curl up like the OEM ones. Those are supposed to provide a sound barrier for a quieter cabin ride. Have you noticed any difference?

I’ve had mine for nearly a year and they show literally zero wear, and that’s with nearly 15,000 miles on the car and a 6-year old in the backseat. No curling or anything. My only criticism is that the driver’s side mat isn’t quite perfectly sized but it’s close enough that it’s never been a problem.

I can’t speak to cabin noise. I think it’s pretty quiet in there no matter what.

Reactions: lorenzo_t
I’ve had mine for nearly a year and they show literally zero wear, and that’s with nearly 15,000 miles on the car and a 6-year old in the backseat. No curling or anything. My only criticism is that the driver’s side mat isn’t quite perfectly sized but it’s close enough that it’s never been a problem.

Have you had a problem with them curling? I have an all-weather set in another car and have had them for 5ish years down in the Texas heat. At first they fit amazingly well. The issue I have now is that the parts that form the side walls have started curling in and away from the cars floor board, creating a gap that things like to fall into.

I would definitely recommend the carpeted MAXpider. We've had the MAXpider carpeted set (front & back) in our MS for almost a year with no discernible wear and still a tight fit. The summer here was fairly warm (90's-100's) and the heat didn't change the rigidity of the molded shape at all.

Even the rubberized MAXspider mats have a micro-nap that feels much better under your feet (even with shoes on) than those thicker rubber mats.

The fit fantastic and run up the sides for additional protection.

They cut down a little sound and easily shake or hose off. Look like new after a year in my X.

Reactions: Jimmy 1

I've had mine for 1yr 3mos and they're holding their shape.
Can't tell you if they cut down on noise but I would guess the stock mats would do a better job at it because of their thickness and weight.

Reactions: lorenzo_t
@lorenzo_t

Congrats on your new P100D. Since @HankLloydRight is in a generous mood today.(nosecone) I figured I could do the same with someone else.

I have the Max Spider ModelS carpeted black mats mentioned above. Used for about 6 months. Very good shape. Happy to send them to you free. I will put some pics up tomorrow and send them to you via PM. If they suit your fancy let me know, and then send me your address via PM. I will pick up shipping. Just pay it forward some day if you have an opportunity and feel so inclined.

Outdoors

@lorenzo_t

With much appeal by representing myself I managed an appeal to the Moderation Appeals Court. They allowed me out pending appeal review of my threads and misdeeds. No tether, but released on personal recognizance and promise to be a good boy in the halfway house.

I liked the Max Spider, but the carpet wasn't for us. We do travel sports and sand, turf, and dirt made it more work in spite of good looks. 6 months and 30k in miles. I think they look, and held up great. Minor driver seat mismatch as noted by others, and found they fit the Model 3 as well pretty good. Yes much more non all weather looking. My suggestion would to remove the 3D logo and put in some sort of rubber stopper. On the removal of road noise. Don't think they or any mats will help your cause as much as other ideas.

Anywho. If you want them they are yours. If not shoot me a PM, and I will re post under another thread.

Enjoy that car!

Attachments

• 20181102_201310.jpg
    20181102_201310.jpg
    346.6 KB · Views: 119
  • 20181102_201326.jpg
    20181102_201326.jpg
    306.6 KB · Views: 115
  • 20181102_203121.jpg
    20181102_203121.jpg
    357.5 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
@lorenzo_t

With much appeal by representing myself I managed an appeal to the Moderation Appeals Court. They allowed me out pending appeal review of my threads and misdeeds. No tether, but released on personal recognizance and promise to be a good boy in the halfway house.

I liked the Max Spider, but the carpet wasn't for us. We do travel sports and sand, turf, and dirt made it more work in spite of good looks. 6 months and 30k in miles. I think they look, and held up great. Minor driver seat mismatch as noted by others, and found they fit the Model 3 as well pretty good. Yes much more non all weather looking. My suggestion would to remove the 3D logo and put in some sort of rubber stopper. On the removal of road noise. Don't think they or any mats will help your cause as much as other ideas.

Anywho. If you want them they are yours. If not shoot me a PM, and I will re post under another thread.

Enjoy that car!
I’ll take them! Sending you a PM right now. Thanks a lot. :)