TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Need for companion mode?

Discussion in 'Software: Firmware Updates, Features, Tesla App' started by Bob.W, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Bob.W

Bob.W New Member

Is there an option to keep the music and climate control, etc. going when I exit the car? Occasionally, my wife will stay in the car when I go into a business to grab something, and as soon as I exit and close the door, the sound system cuts out, the AC cuts off, and the doors lock a few seconds later. At that point, she feels trapped. Is there not an option to keep everything going when I exit if there's weight in the passenger or back seats? Perhaps pop up a message on the screen asking to keep things going? or listen for a yes/no answer? Something?

Automation is good, but only if it serves.

2. pereiks

pereiks Member

I out car into camp mode before i exit to keep things going (even if i lock the car).

I don't know the difference from on/dog/camp mode but i bet it's in the manual

3. arnolddeleon

arnolddeleon Supporting Member

Have her touch the screen.

• Like x 1
  4. arnolddeleon

arnolddeleon Supporting Member

Also if she has a smart phone, why not give her access? Even if she doesn't drive the car, having access to the car would be handy.

5. brkaus

brkaus Well-Known Member

Just touch the screen. It will stay awake for 30 minutes.

The car doesn't know if it's a person or a bag of dog food. Hate to come back to the car a day later with the dog food listening to the radio and the AC still cranked down low.

Camp mode will keep the car unlocked and the radio & ac working forever (until battery is at 20%).

• Funny x 1
  6. Bob.W

Bob.W New Member

Thanks all. Good to know. I've had the car for about 2 years and can't remember seeing that anywhere. I'll definitely let her know.

Bob

7. brkaus

brkaus Well-Known Member

Some also suggest not fully closing the door. Just a single click latch.

8. Mobile3228

Mobile3228 Member

I leave the key in the car....(TMS).

9. Bob.W

Bob.W New Member

The screen touch after exit does it.

Thanks all.

10. hellocar

hellocar Member

Good to know. I have been using dog mode but apparently that's offensive.