TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Need front end body parts

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Tracking, Sep 22, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Tracking

Tracking Member

I am new to this forum so please forgive me if I make a faux pas. Other EV boards often feature parts wanted/for sale so I thought I would try here. Need a used nose (fenders, hood, rad support, headlights, bumper, etc.) for a 2015 Model S. Would consider upgrading to the restyled 2016+ design. Also, can anyone tell me which components might need to be replaced to complete the upgrade?

Thanks!

2. demundus

demundus Member

Tesla Parts for Sale

Parts forum is there. You usually need to be quick for the things you want, provided they are undamaged. I have a rear bumper for sale, for instance... but i got lucky its basically unmolested. You'll never find a hood, they are like aluminum foil. Headlights will be rough cause the tabs are garbage and break super easy. Fenders are welded to the car, so you cant buy them from tesla, not the most fun procedure to install either. My rear QP for instance was basically ruined by the removal procedure, the rivet sections are crazy thin.

good luck :)

3. jelloslug

jelloslug Active Member

The front fenders are not welded to the car.

• Informative x 1
  4. demundus

demundus Member

Lucky us! It felt like it was but I never got around to needing to take them off :)

• Like x 1
  5. kort677

kort677 Active Member

search the threads, there are a few cars being parted out, maybe you'll get lucky and find what you need, if you can't find what you need going through tesla for oem parts may be your only option.

6. Lloyd

Lloyd Well-Known Member

I have a front bumper left over from a facelift . $300 plus shipping. Includes Nose cone and trim.

• Like x 1
  7. ShockOnT

ShockOnT Quickish

Don't we all...

8. Lasttoy

Lasttoy Member

What's a facelift? My nose cone is nasty. 2013 S

9. Tracking

Tracking Member

Thanks for reposting my OP here. Llord, did you do the facelift using just an aftermarket bumper cover, or using an OEM 2016+ part and additional parts? If the latter, did the 2016+ headlights plug in with the same connectors? What other parts are required?

10. Tracking

Tracking Member

Thanks! Have found nearly everything, but of course I'm trying to be a smart shopper and make sure I get the right parts at reasonable prices, so I'm still looking. Have repaired broken headlight tabs on other cars before and would consider it for this car. I plan to keep it and enjoy it for many years and am wondering if someone on here has advice on doing very durable DIY headlight tabs repairs. Thanks again.

11. Tracking

Tracking Member

Thanks, that's quite reasonable and if I don't do a facelift I'll probably see if you still have it.

12. demundus

demundus Member

FWIW OEM hoods are 1100 unpainted. Mine is slightly bent from closing a screwdriver inside the hood... they are like paper! :(

13. Lloyd

Lloyd Well-Known Member

Look up unplugged performance. This is the one I used. I recommend waiting until my installation is completed. I will post a review. It looks like there is substantial modification and fitting to make this product fit properly. It does not come primed as most bumpers, just raw plastic.