Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need front end body parts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am new to this forum so please forgive me if I make a faux pas. Other EV boards often feature parts wanted/for sale so I thought I would try here. Need a used nose (fenders, hood, rad support, headlights, bumper, etc.) for a 2015 Model S. Would consider upgrading to the restyled 2016+ design. Also, can anyone tell me which components might need to be replaced to complete the upgrade?

Thanks!

I am new to this forum so please forgive me if I make a faux pas. Other EV boards often feature parts wanted/for sale so I thought I would try here. Need a used nose (fenders, hood, rad support, headlights, bumper, etc.) for a 2015 Model S. Would consider upgrading to the restyled 2016+ design. Also, can anyone tell me which components might need to be replaced to complete the upgrade?

Thanks!
Tesla Parts for Sale

Parts forum is there. You usually need to be quick for the things you want, provided they are undamaged. I have a rear bumper for sale, for instance... but i got lucky its basically unmolested. You'll never find a hood, they are like aluminum foil. Headlights will be rough cause the tabs are garbage and break super easy. Fenders are welded to the car, so you cant buy them from tesla, not the most fun procedure to install either. My rear QP for instance was basically ruined by the removal procedure, the rivet sections are crazy thin.

good luck :)

Tesla Parts for Sale

Parts forum is there. You usually need to be quick for the things you want, provided they are undamaged. I have a rear bumper for sale, for instance... but i got lucky its basically unmolested. You'll never find a hood, they are like aluminum foil. Headlights will be rough cause the tabs are garbage and break super easy. Fenders are welded to the car, so you cant buy them from tesla, not the most fun procedure to install either. My rear QP for instance was basically ruined by the removal procedure, the rivet sections are crazy thin.

The front fenders are not welded to the car.

• Informative
Reactions: demundus

Thanks!

I have a front bumper left over from a facelift . $300 plus shipping. Includes Nose cone and trim.

Reactions: demundus
Thanks for reposting my OP here. Llord, did you do the facelift using just an aftermarket bumper cover, or using an OEM 2016+ part and additional parts? If the latter, did the 2016+ headlights plug in with the same connectors? What other parts are required?

Tesla Parts for Sale

Thanks! Have found nearly everything, but of course I'm trying to be a smart shopper and make sure I get the right parts at reasonable prices, so I'm still looking. Have repaired broken headlight tabs on other cars before and would consider it for this car. I plan to keep it and enjoy it for many years and am wondering if someone on here has advice on doing very durable DIY headlight tabs repairs. Thanks again.

Thanks! Have found nearly everything, but of course I'm trying to be a smart shopper and make sure I get the right parts at reasonable prices, so I'm still looking. Have repaired broken headlight tabs on other cars before and would consider it for this car. I plan to keep it and enjoy it for many years and am wondering if someone on here has advice on doing very durable DIY headlight tabs repairs. Thanks again.
FWIW OEM hoods are 1100 unpainted. Mine is slightly bent from closing a screwdriver inside the hood... they are like paper! :(