Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need fuse number & Location for TPMS & Lighted Mirrors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all, I keep finding diagrams for Model S's, however I need Fuse number and location for lighted Mirrors, TMPS & Dimming rearview mirror.
Last weekend, my TMPS light started flashing error on my dash and TPMS no longer reports. At the same time it was noticed that the Sun Visors lighted Mirrors no longer light up, and later that evening it was noticed the rear view mirror no longer dims.

If I cant find my answer here this weekend I'll take the drive to a service center to find out as phone support will not release the information (PLEASE SUPPORT RIGHT TO REPAIR FOLKS!)
My OCD is bugging the crap out of me though. Visibly I could not see any fuses out, but also did not have much time to spent looking. Checked the drivers foot well fuse box and under the hood.

2016 October/November Built 75D MX with FSD hardware.

THANKS!

Figured it out, F236
Of course in usual Tesla fashion, they don't use a standard fuse. Instead of a Regular two blade like just about everyone else uses, Tesla decided to throw in some 3 blade Mini-3 fuses. Not available locally here, Not at Napa, Wal-Mart, O'Rilies, Advance, AutoZone, Sears Hometown Store, nor the couple mechanic shops.
Believe it or not, even RadioShack did not have them (Hard to believe, but yes, We still have a Radio Shack in town!).
I did find them on amazon, Amazon.com: 32 Pack 5-15 AMP APT ATR Micro3 Blade Fuse Car Truck Boat Marine RV : Automotive The one in question is a 5 amp.
Pulling the fuse (It was a surprise to me that it was a triple blade) also caused ABS, Traction Control, stabilization and a slew of other errors to popup on the screen.
For a temporary, I used a 5 amp Micro fuse, with some jumper wires to take the place of the blown side of the triple blade fuse. Replaced it back in. Instantly the TMPS was working, got a screen popup that the TPMS has recalibrated. The other errors caused from pulling the fuse did not go away, and required a scroll wheel reboot. Then everything was operating right as rain.

For those wondering why the fuse blew in the first place, might be my fault might just be crappy connectors. My MX is a 2016, one of the FIRST Model X's with FSD hardware. I upgraded the triple forward cameras earlier this year with the later more color vision one. I did need to disconnect and remove the rear view mirror including the wire connection for the dimming mirror.

What happened seems to be the connection on that wire connector doesn't retain properly, and wiggled loose most likely from bouncing down the road. intermittent connection must have caused a spark. It's now electrical taped so that it can't wiggle any more and is nice and tight.

I'm going to order a multi pack of those fuses from amazon and call it a day.

Did your TPMS look like this when your fuse blew? I have no values displayed at all, not even the '--' where it's looking for an update. This happened after installing a dash cam, but I ran power to a different spot. I'm curious if I popped that same fuse in my S.

I don't have any error messages on the bottom of the screen, just a flashing light and no values

Attachments

• tpms.jpeg
    tpms.jpeg
    279.7 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
I watched your great video you had on YouTube. After the recent upgrade, my 2016 Model X also had the TPMS light go on and also my radio didn't work (regular FM, and Sirius XM). I took it into the Tesla Repair center and they fixed it no charge (although it was in the shop 2 days). After only a few days it's blown again. I never had any issues until this recent software upgrade. Has this happened to anyone else? The same fuse # 236 blew on mine. I'm going to see if Tesla will replace it again although if this keeps happening then I'd rather know what's causing it. If it's something related to the last software update.

Did your TPMS look like this when your fuse blew? I have no values displayed at all, not even the '--' where it's looking for an update. This happened after installing a dash cam, but I ran power to a different spot. I'm curious if I popped that same fuse in my S.

I don't have any error messages on the bottom of the screen, just a flashing light and no values
Did you find out of this? I have the exact same thing, after trying to connect a 12V vacuum cleaner from ODB2 constant 12V with an adapter.

Unfortunately, it took a trip to the service center. They claimed that my 5A fuse was blown, but I checked it prior to scheduling the appointment and didn't notice any blown fuses.
Hi, thanks a lot for your reply.

I just checked the F236 triple pin 5A in my car, I pulled it then the radio instantly stopped playing. It looks 100% fine so it cant be that one. I reseated it and radio came on again. No other error messages after a short test drive afterwards. But TPMS light still present.

Could it be another 5A for the TPMS than the F236? It probably is, if what they told you is correct, that they replaced it. But I can not find anything regarding TPMS in the fuse diagrams when searching google, so I'm a bit lost. Driving away on vacation tomorrow through whole of Europe, so bad timing. Service center did not have time for me today.

Let
Hi, thanks a lot for your reply.

I just checked the F236 triple pin 5A in my car, I pulled it then the radio instantly stopped playing. It looks 100% fine so it cant be that one. I reseated it and radio came on again. No other error messages after a short test drive afterwards. But TPMS light still present.

Could it be another 5A for the TPMS than the F236? It probably is, if what they told you is correct, that they replaced it. But I can not find anything regarding TPMS in the fuse diagrams when searching google, so I'm a bit lost. Driving away on vacation tomorrow through whole of Europe, so bad timing. Service center did not have time for me today.
let me see if I can find my old notes on it - I believe there was a 5A under the hood that could have an impact.

The car is perfectly safe to drive and use as normal, but I know it’s annoying to have warning lights on.

Let

let me see if I can find my old notes on it - I believe there was a 5A under the hood that could have an impact.

The car is perfectly safe to drive and use as normal, but I know it’s annoying to have warning lights on.
Thanks that would be great.

The closest thing I can find of 5A fuses, both under the hood, must be either

F1085ADrive Rail Sense
whatever that is...or
F1125ACabin Comfort Systems

source: Fuse Box Diagram Tesla Model S (2016-2018)

@Aggmeister2010 did you find anything about what they replaced to get the TPMS working again?
I still have the exact same issue as you had, blinking for a minute then steady yellow warning light. and tire readings are totally disappeared.

Can't find much else about it on google, looks like in most other cases there is some error code/message in display. But thats not the case here.

Tesla even did a remote diagnose after I asked them in the app. But they said they found no problems with the TMPS system. That's a bit funny in my eyes. Probably because it doesn't throw an actual error msg.

Did you find out of this? I have the exact same thing, after trying to connect a 12V vacuum cleaner from ODB2 constant 12V with an adapter.
@paalw - Did you ever find out which fuse was causing the error message? I've the got error message now after doing something similar with a 12v adaptor and ODB2. I'm going to check F236 later today, but curious if there is another fuse to check.