Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need guidance on a new Tesla that I do not need

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am sure this is another similar post and appreciate if the moderators can direct me to the right forum for it. Here is my situation, I have a new Tesla Model Y ready for pickup but I bought another EV while I was waiting for the last few months. So, I can either cancel it or I can transfer the reservation. I checked around and was told that transfer of a reservation is probably more complicated. So, a couple of additional options available now are :

1. Buy it and then sell it immediately: This basically means paying sales tax twice (myself and the buying party)
  2. Co-ownership: Can I add another person to the title when purchasing the car? Does it have to be financed or can it be done if I pay cash?
I tried to get some feedback but was not successful. So, any info is deeply appreciated. And again, apologies if this is not the right forum.

I am sure this is another similar post and appreciate if the moderators can direct me to the right forum for it. Here is my situation, I have a new Tesla Model Y ready for pickup but I bought another EV while I was waiting for the last few months. So, I can either cancel it or I can transfer the reservation. I checked around and was told that transfer of a reservation is probably more complicated. So, a couple of additional options available now are :

1. Buy it and then sell it immediately: This basically means paying sales tax twice (myself and the buying party)
  2. Co-ownership: Can I add another person to the title when purchasing the car? Does it have to be financed or can it be done if I pay cash?
I tried to get some feedback but was not successful. So, any info is deeply appreciated. And again, apologies if this is not the right forum.
To be honest, I wold try to sell or transfer reservation. Don't deal with the headaches unless you know you have a buyer. And I don't recommend doing co ownership. Not for anyone.

I'm on the same boat. I purchased a MYP, and 2 weeks later my ford lightning came in. Used car market isn't as strong as say, a month ago. Unless you have a Model Y long range, i would transfer reservation

Co-ownership does not look like a good idea. Transferring the reservation seems like the best option here or simply eating the $250. Flipping might work too, but you'll need to float the money until you sell it in the secondary market. Flipping it depends on your order price - if it's too high, then you'll probably lose money. For transferring the reservation, did you enter your registration details?

Reactions: voxel