Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need help adjusting MPP coilovers kit height

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The kit was installed about a week ago so it has enough usage to settle. The car seems to have too much rake which I’d like to eliminate. The measurements are rear 29 1/2 front 28 1/2. I’m looking for the more leveled look and thinking raising the fronts rather than lowering the rear. The question is how much do I raise it by?

Attachments

• B2D0F4A3-7F95-42CA-B716-4500254FA81C.jpeg
    B2D0F4A3-7F95-42CA-B716-4500254FA81C.jpeg
    776.3 KB · Views: 341
  • 337B8286-09C2-4A01-A9D4-E1539F8B3388.jpeg
    337B8286-09C2-4A01-A9D4-E1539F8B3388.jpeg
    632 KB · Views: 251
  • 10ABB4DB-FCEE-41D4-980E-FDDAAEFB0A50.jpeg
    10ABB4DB-FCEE-41D4-980E-FDDAAEFB0A50.jpeg
    663.1 KB · Views: 225
  • 3C7B8E6E-D2A0-4671-93E6-34CBB48D31AE.jpeg
    3C7B8E6E-D2A0-4671-93E6-34CBB48D31AE.jpeg
    730.7 KB · Views: 263
Reactions: Puku88
Honestly I would wait another month or so. My car look exactly like yours (appears a little racked) when I first installed my coilovers. After a 2-3 months it's all even now.

I do have a bad theory why some cars looked rate after install. So I a few questions. Did you install the suspension yourself? Did you make sure to torque the control arm with suspension at ride height? What is your rear rebound setting?

Reason I'm asking this because admitted I didn't do that when I first installed my suspension. Then when I install the rear camber arm after the fact and change my rebound to 13/11 I notice my rears lowered a bit.. nice.

That said I feel other folks added 5-8mm if you decide to raise or lower the front.

It took 2 weeks for mine to stop lowering itself-> what's interesting is that they lowered by different lengths too. A tiny bit uneven. To be expected, because every single shock, spring, and suspension components are not all exactly the same.

I have it at 16.25" (hub to fender distance)all around right now, and I like where that is. 29.5" and 28.5" ->where are you measuring from? If it's the ground to the top of the fender, don't measure that way, because that's taking into account the tires and the rims too. Measure from the center of the wheel hub and the top of the fender, see what those numbers are.

Also, as someone else stated on the forum, for the fronts I believe it's about 0.80mm distance adjusted on the coil = 1mm distance on the hub to fender, and the rear its about 0.75mm = 1mm or so. Point is, it's not a 1:1 adjustment height to actual height.

Reactions: Ruffles
Measuring from the hub to the fender its right at 15" in the front and 15 3/4" in the rear. I feel like i should raise the front 1/2" but not sure if it'll still have any rake.

-Ride height, like most other things, is subjective give & take. Good arguments on both sides on whether to have a car lower or higher.

-The LR and Standard stock height is 17", the performance stock is 16".

-Your being at 15" and 15.75" in the rear means the car *tilts* a tiny bit forward. Good news is its much easier to adjust the ride height of the front than the rears, as no pieces have to be removed, adjusted, and placed back. Doesn't take too long but I didn't like the extra hassle. Which means its easier to set the entire car a 15.75" than any other height.

-Be careful of the car's sensors, as they were tuned with an even ride height from factory and with a tilted car, the sensors may be detecting things premature or late.

-Ride height, like most other things, is subjective give & take. Good arguments on both sides on whether to have a car lower or higher.

-The LR and Standard stock height is 17", the performance stock is 16".

-Your being at 15" and 15.75" in the rear means the car *tilts* a tiny bit forward. Good news is its much easier to adjust the ride height of the front than the rears, as no pieces have to be removed, adjusted, and placed back. Doesn't take too long but I didn't like the extra hassle. Which means its easier to set the entire car a 15.75" than any other height.

-Be careful of the car's sensors, as they were tuned with an even ride height from factory and with a tilted car, the sensors may be detecting things premature or late.
Visually I think raising the front 1/2" would look the best. Can a 1/4" difference throw the sensors off?

I went through the same thing with mine. I posted a lot about this in the MPP thread. Wait a little longer and when you do raise the front, figure the fender will raise about 2x the number of mm you add to the spring perch. For example, if you add 4mm to the spring perch, you'll see about 8mm when you measure at the fender.

i had no idea. How is that done?
Is under the service menu I believe. My ap was performing poorly, waiting until the last second to slow down. I thought it was just a crappy software build but then realized that in lowering the car, the perspective of the cameras changed. I did the calibration and it totally fixed the problem. Now, any time I adjust my ride height, first thing I do is recalibrate.