Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need help/advice: delivery of 2017 Model S 100D Ludicrous Performance Red 5YJSA1E46HF200921

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I mean. How did you get access to the Mannheim lot?

I sexed it up at the dealership :oops::rolleyes: actually, I just showed up wearing work clothes (business casual) and said "do you have any 2017 Model S P100Ds on the lot? And the guy said, "we don't do used car sales." So I then told him I bought the 1 and wanted to just check it out. "I don't need to. I want to. Know what I mean?" So he said they aren't allowed to but I gave him my phone and he pinned the location on maps. :cool:

P.S. I got lazy and didn't check it out. Yoloing delivery @ 16:00 CST on 8/27/2020.

The pic you posted of your car is why they tell you to wait for delivery. They wouldn’t have delivered it with the suspension like you saw it which makes me think you or someone did go to Mannheim. Even more shocked they let you in. I did repos for 12 years and even name dropping got me no where.

The pic you posted of your car is why they tell you to wait for delivery. They wouldn’t have delivered it with the suspension like you saw it which makes me think you or someone did go to Mannheim. Even more shocked they let you in. I did repos for 12 years and even name dropping got me no where.
Well, I'm obviously not trying to repo anything. Like, my wife and 7-month-old are in the parking lot. Plus, I worked my magic. What can I say ;) It's a bro-to-bro thing I'm pretty sure.

Well, I'm obviously not trying to repo anything. Like, my wife and 7-month-old are in the parking lot. Plus, I worked my magic. What can I say ;) It's a bro-to-bro thing I'm pretty sure.

sorry. Wasn’t implying you were trying to report anything. 90% of the cars stored on Mannheim lots are vehicles that have been repossessed. Tesla just happens to use them not for repos but to store their vehicles until they’re ready for transport to a service center for delivery. I believe their contract with Tesla says they will store the vehicle in a secure environment and keep the battery >10%. Which if everything is shut off could mean the car won’t move for over 30 days.

chances are had you not gone all the things you brought up would have been resolved.

sorry. Wasn’t implying you were trying to report anything. 90% of the cars stored on Mannheim lots are vehicles that have been repossessed. Tesla just happens to use them not for repos but to store their vehicles until they’re ready for transport to a service center for delivery. I believe their contract with Tesla says they will store the vehicle in a secure environment and keep the battery >10%. Which if everything is shut off could mean the car won’t move for over 30 days.

chances are had you not gone all the things you brought up would have been resolved.

This car definitely sat for a while for sure but I'm pretty sure it wasn't repoed! It looks, based on history, like a lease contract just ended. The only suspicious thing might be the accident that happened at <1000 miles with the 1st ower. The rear passenger door was allegely replaced, then the car was sold and apparently became a lease. I have had good luck before with buying previously leased vehicles-we will see about this one.

Screenshot_20200826-163529_Gmail~2.jpg
Tesla have sent me a rendered image of my car to make me confident about delivery tomorrow :D

Um, the air suspension that they assured me was fine is now leaking so badly that half the car is almost touching the wheels after being parked for only 4 hours. Also, the compressor runs multiple times per trip and also after just parking it runs >3 times in only 10 minutes.

20200910_124442.jpg 20200910_124428.jpg