Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need help cleaning black seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I honestly don't know if it's a seat defect or something is on it since I've tried the car guys super cleaner and it won't go away. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG-5799.jpg
    IMG-5799.jpg
    582.9 KB · Views: 554
  • IMG-5800.jpg
    IMG-5800.jpg
    387.7 KB · Views: 361
  • IMG-5801.jpg
    IMG-5801.jpg
    417 KB · Views: 424
I’m sure many know this already but I have been told not to use magic eraser on the white seats because the chemicals remove some from of protective coating on the seats.
I have a cleaning product that one of the mobile techs recommended. Will snap a picture of it when I get out to the car shortly.

• Informative
Reactions: eyedub
I had those stains all summer long. They are most likely sunscreen stains. I was able to get them off with Clorox wipes. I would not use Magic Erasers - they are too abrasive.

The sunscreen stains are so bad on the black interiors that I purchased disposable food handling gloves and I put them on now before I apply sunscreen to my face just to keep the sunscreen off my hands. Otherwise it ends up all over the steering wheel and the seats. It’s awful to deal with.

I've had good results with Ammo NYC Interior Regimen. Cleaned the whole interior of the pre-owned Model S I bought. Just like he suggests in his videos: spray it on, agitate with a brush/scrub pad and wipe off quickly.

Kinda off topic but i just discovered the Ammo NYC youtube channel, why do i find myself watching videos of a dude cleaning cars for an hour?!? Bought some of the hydrate for drying the car, haven't tried it yet.

Reactions: cucubits