Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need help communicating with Service Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been having an issue with my 2016 S 90D for about 5 months now. Most noticeable at highway speeds, the car kind of feels like it gets blown around, especially when I a drive over a crack or other imperfection in the road. The closest description I can find is tramlining or wandering. The car is older now, but it used to feel like it was on rails, now it just feels unstable.

When I took it to the service center in May, I said:
Steering feels loose. When driving over bumps it feels like I am sliding around. Had tires checked and they are fine. 60-65 mph car
Response from SC:
verified customer concern found light loosen advise alignment and advise replacement of tires soon as they are wearing down

Tread depth was between 4/32 and 6/32. So, I replaced tires and had an alignment done at the tire shop I've been using for the last 6 years. Did not resolve the issue. The issue hasn't gone away and I just kind of gave up for a few months but couldn't find any better way to describe it.

So, this month, attempt #2 - I mentioned that I changed the tires, did an alignment and the issue wasn't resolved, also:
Car feels unstable above 20mph. It feels like the front wheels are just loose. It's not suspension, not up/down, but side to side. Feels like a side wind blowing the car around.
Response:
front right spring moduel is needed

Seems like a very short answer? So, I asked for details - what is the estimate to repair? How do you know it's the spring module? I got back:
The spring is loosing air the technician explained to us today that it is not holding correct pressure which causes the vehicle to feel that way

I feel like it would be easy to say "we poured soapy water all over the system and found the specific location of the leak in the...". I don't think I am asking too much for this kind of detail? Why such short answers? Is it a great inconvenience to exchange money for thorough repairs? Are there non-Tesla shops that can help? I asked the repair shop that I take my Subaru to and they acted like I had an alien ship and said they don't know how to fix it. Is this system so specialized that I only have Tesla as an option to fix? Any advice is appreciated. I'm in northern Maryland, if that is relevant.