Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need help debugging event.json file in TeslaCam

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I was parking in a public garage; my Tesla app got notification about sentry mode triggering alarm. Then, I got to the car and tried to save the videos in my usb. The videos were corrupted, and I can't view them neither on laptop or in the car. The only clue left for me is the event.json file.

Do you know what the following key-value pairs mean?

Thanks!

"reason":"sentry_aware_accel_0.539171",
"camera":"0"

The JSON contains info on the event.
I'm trying to find out what the cameranumber means.
The most values for the key "reason" I find in my folder are 'sentry_aware_object_detection' which seems to happen when the camera's detect an object. For example when someone walks to close.

I agree with Mr. James and suspect that it's the acceleration of the event.
The acceleration could be 0.539171 meter per square second (m/s2) or 0.539171g

In my JSON there's also a timestamp. You could use this to make searching in the security footage of the public garage if there is some. Even the footage of the exit of the garage could be useful. Then again, as of today 18 days have passed since you posted and the chance of footage being available gets slim.

Good luck!

The JSON contains info on the event.
I'm trying to find out what the cameranumber means.
The most values for the key "reason" I find in my folder are 'sentry_aware_object_detection' which seems to happen when the camera's detect an object. For example when someone walks to close.

I agree with Mr. James and suspect that it's the acceleration of the event.
The acceleration could be 0.539171 meter per square second (m/s2) or 0.539171g

In my JSON there's also a timestamp. You could use this to make searching in the security footage of the public garage if there is some. Even the footage of the exit of the garage could be useful. Then again, as of today 18 days have passed since you posted and the chance of footage being available gets slim.

Good luck!

Thanks for sharing your thought. I inspected the car and didn't find a scratch. Found on some website saying that the force acceleration could be caused by sound, so I just moved on with life. :)

0 = front camera
1 = fisheye
2 = narrow
3 = left repeater
4 = right repeater
5 = left B pillar
6 = right B pillar
7 = rear
8 = cabin
I just got over 200 sentry recordings in 4 hours in an open garage. There is nothing obvious going on except some changes in light intensity. All the events are from camera 5, which would mean Left B pillar according to your list. But this camera is not recorded, correct? So it uses all 9 cameras for detection, but stores recordings only from 4 cameras?

That’s correct. There might be some condensation or insect within the left B pillar casing to cause this, but might be worth having service or mobile tech check that visual input is working for this camera. Could be a curious interference pattern also from garage light in terms of Tesla frame rate and NNs.