Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need help deciding. Coming for 2021 Modely Y Performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My family picked up a Model Y Performance last October and we absolutely love it. It was supposed to be our secondary car but has slowly turned into our primary car. Our once primarily car (Audi Q8) sets there lonely on the driveway with no love, so now we're playing with the idea of selling it and picking up a Model X. I've found a few possibilities: 2018 P100D, 100D, and a 2019 Standard Range. One of our higher priorities is range because of road trips, so I figured I'd use A Better Route Planner to gauge and benchmark against our Model Y. Interestingly enough all 3 cars were dead even with ETA and time to charge (even when accounting for battery degredation). With all that said, I want to come to the community to get some perspective/opinions on those 3 trims and if I missed something with the tech & battery.

I just moved my self from a 2020 Performance Y to a 2020 X LRPlus. Very different drive than the Performance Y with stiff suspension. For us it was about space, and range improvement seems good but haven't really had much of a test. I really wanted a Raven to for improved charging speed and range. So far so good. I did find I miss the tightness a little bit so have the X set as firm as possible. The acceleration is pretty decent.

Any X is great except for the 75D (range too low). Out of the ones you mentioned, I would prefer the P100D. Note that the 6 seater doesn't fold flat in 2nd row so hauling items is quite limited, therefore 7 seater is best. Make sure you get basic autopilot, which was not included in 2018. And enhanced autopilot (or fsd) is even better because it comes with auto lane-change on highway. Compared to the Y, you will love the more comfortable suspension, massive windshield view, extra passenger and cargo space, dual screens, larger 17-inch screen, and nicer interior. But the Y is much better on efficiency (Wh per mile), charging speed, and range compared to the 2018 100D or 2019 Std Range X. And the Y will be cheaper to maintain out of warranty (door motors, half-shafts, etc.)

My family picked up a Model Y Performance last October and we absolutely love it. It was supposed to be our secondary car but has slowly turned into our primary car. Our once primarily car (Audi Q8) sets there lonely on the driveway with no love, so now we're playing with the idea of selling it and picking up a Model X. I've found a few possibilities: 2018 P100D, 100D, and a 2019 Standard Range. One of our higher priorities is range because of road trips, so I figured I'd use A Better Route Planner to gauge and benchmark against our Model Y. Interestingly enough all 3 cars were dead even with ETA and time to charge (even when accounting for battery degredation). With all that said, I want to come to the community to get some perspective/opinions on those 3 trims and if I missed something with the tech & battery.
If you like the Y any X will blow you away.. I’ve owned Xs since they first came out and every time they give me a loaner Y I absolutely hate it.. pick any of the ones you listed you won’t regret switching