Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need help deciding, CPO P85 with no tech package

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Found a really good price on a CPO P85 Model S and quickly placed a deposit on it.

Specs:
2013 Pearl White P85
Smart Air Suspension
Pano roof
19" base wheels
Grey Performance Seats
~48,000 miles
$40,000 + shipping ~1500 = $41500

Unforturnately, after I placed the order, I realized there was no tech package, which means no GPS, no power liftgate trunk, no xenon headlights, and no keyless entry.

I'm looking at another one with 65k miles, all of the above with sound studio, 21" wheels, and tech package for $46,000.

I'm also an early Model 3 reservationist ordered online on 3/31 before reveal and am in California. Which one would you guys pick? Should I wait for the model 3? The S would come in handy with the larger trunk and frunk. We have a 2nd kid on the way, which is why I'm debating to get a used S over the new 3.

I'm sorta in the same boat as you with kids.

M3 reservation in cali and I just put an order for a cpo p85 for $41k with tech and rear.

My plan was to drive it until loaded M3 comes out but the recent drop in values is making me second guess my decision. I think if you need the space - 2 car seats with hatch, go with an MX lol.

Other option would be to get a non-P with lower miles. I pulled the trigger about a month ago on a 2014 S85 with Autopilot and 22K miles for $58.5K.

In terms of helping with resale, I imagine Autopilot is going to really help but also increased the price. I understand the appeal of the P, but decided I would probably get more use out of Autopilot. I would also absolutely get Tech over P. The stats are nice, but most of the comparisons I saw suggested that the real difference is only at full charge and the rear wheel only P's rear tires.

I did give some thought to the new high mileage 2 year CPO's when they were released but decided the extra 2 years were nice to have and the only ones with Autopilot have a ton of miles or were signing more.

In my case I need a new car this summer because my lease is up, so the Model 3 was never a consideration for me.

I have to laugh when I read articles about how the Model S doesn't depreciate nearly as bad as other cars. It may not be "as bad" as some other cars, but I bought a 3 year old Model S last year and I'm still depreciating at a rate of $1200+/mo. Brutal.

The current deals are pretty sweet. I do, however, find them cyclical with Tesla. A couple times a year, they appear to dump more cars into their CPO program and the prices drop, and then the deals are fewer until the next big batch.