Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need help determining if I can get home charging with this panel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Based off of those pics, if there is no other electrical panel, you'll need to upgrade the entire breaker box. On a more common home, there would be a main panel with the ability to add more breakers to it. Your current panel has no available slots and piggy-backing off of the 50A circuit could lead to issues later (not to mention it would trip if you're trying to charge while the breaker is also actively powering something else) . Unfortunately, you'll need to spend a few grand if you want to do this properly.
And I would suggest to do it anyway independent of car charger. In some states, in some circumstances, the upgrade could be done without an inspection. Often, the inspection costs about the same as the installation.

Based off of those pics, if there is no other electrical panel, you'll need to upgrade the entire breaker box. On a more common home, there would be a main panel with the ability to add more breakers to it. Your current panel has no available slots and piggy-backing off of the 50A circuit could lead to issues later (not to mention it would trip if you're trying to charge while the breaker is also actively powering something else) . Unfortunately, you'll need to spend a few grand if you want to do this properly.
Thank you, I am already in contact with a certified electrician to do a panel upgrade.