Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need help escalating issue within Tesla because...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have emails or phone numbers for people within Tesla that can assist with the issue below? Please message me!!

I placed a Model 3 order on 6/30/18 this year before the expiration of “premium connectivity for life”. I paid the deposit etc. A month later I transferred my order to a new Model S. The sales person told me she expected the premium connectivity to transfer with it but would need to verify.

Long story short, for the past few months she wasn’t able to get an answer but said they were working on it and it shouldn’t be an issue. Last week was delivery week and guess what, they weren’t able to make it happen.

The car had a scratch and needed to go to body so wasn’t able to buy it. New delivery date this Friday. I assume I have the most leverage before delivery and the rep said i could get a full refund if i wanted.

Thanks!!

I don’t have any contact info, but I do know that for myself, premium connectivity is of pretty much no use at all.

From my understanding, premium connectivity gives you three things:

- Slacker downloads (I don’t use slacker ... I always stream music from my phone)
- Ability to view satellite imagery while on the road (I prefer to use standard maps mode for navigation, can look at satellite imagery on my phone if necessary)
- Software updates over LTE (my car is connected to my WiFi at home where I do my updates, so again, this is of no use to me)
- I think it also allows you to use your browser on an S/X, but I would probably prefer to do this on my phone anyway.

If you have the need for any of the above, maybe it is more important and you should look into trying to get it. If it was me, I’m not sure I would even bother trying.

Anyone have emails or phone numbers for people within Tesla that can assist with the issue below? Please message me!!

I placed a Model 3 order on 6/30/18 this year before the expiration of “premium connectivity for life”. I paid the deposit etc. A month later I transferred my order to a new Model S. The sales person told me she expected the premium connectivity to transfer with it but would need to verify.

Long story short, for the past few months she wasn’t able to get an answer but said they were working on it and it shouldn’t be an issue. Last week was delivery week and guess what, they weren’t able to make it happen.

The car had a scratch and needed to go to body so wasn’t able to buy it. New delivery date this Friday. I assume I have the most leverage before delivery and the rep said i could get a full refund if i wanted.

Thanks!!

Our timeline goes as follows:

11/9: Model 3 ordered
11/13: Delivery date set for 12/3 at our house
11/28: Delivery date rescheduled for 12/11 at our house
12/6: Delivery date rescheduled for 12/7 at the service center
12/6: Delivery date rescheduled for who-knows-when because there was....a paint scratch.

It wouldn't seem too sketchy if we wouldn't have had an issue with our lease-end process. It's very sketchy as of now. Up until 11/28, we haven't had an issue at all - and quite frankly Tesla has been great to work with. This last set of interactions have put a bad taste in our mouths. We will have to wait and see, unfortunately.

Since it's the principle, if I were you I would negotiate for something else that the sales people have more flexibility about. For instance, ask them to give you a free wall connector or all weather floormats or something that they can more easily get for you to help make things right.

Don’t disagree it isn’t the most important feature and $100/year is affordable. The principle of it however is what bothers me.
If you are fighting on principle then by all means keep fighting. You may get a moral victory.

But sometimes you need to pick and choose your escalations based on how materially valuable it is for you.

When I picked up my CPO S many years ago the Tesla rep pointed out some imperfections in the paint which I didn’t first notice. He wasn’t sure if they will fix it, but I instead opted for a new set of all season tires.

I was happy, they were relieved it was resolved quickly. Win win.