Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need help from 6 seater owners -- took delivery yesterday

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All,

I took delivery of the Model X yesterday and while installing car seats realized that my 6-seater config is missing the ISOFIX/car seat latches for the 3rd row.

I 100% remember noting in a showroom car model in December that all 4 rear seats (2 in 2nd and 2 in 3rd) had car seat latch points.

Can someone who has a 6-seater and taken delivery in last few weeks please confirm?

Here is someone's image I annotated to show that seats with latch points are marked with a sticker/sign.

My 6 seater is built 9/19, delivered 9/19.

Still has the signs for LATCH.

Check if you have the metal part on your 3rd row seats...it should be there since the latest owners manual still talk about installing child seat on 3rd row.

20200118_123233.jpg 20200118_122945.jpg

Interesting. My 2017 has LATCH in the third row which I have used on several occasions. The website today lists 4 LATCH for 6 seat configs, so you could pushback on Tesla (see screenshot from their Specifications page).

Can you post pictures of your third row seats?

This post shows a screenshot of the configurator with old and new seats. The second and third row seats look the same. Just the front seats are different. Also, the third row seats have the LATCH button symbols.

Previous Design:
screen-shot-2019-10-29-at-2-23-35-pm-png.471161

New Design:
screen-shot-2019-10-29-at-2-24-11-pm-png.471163

New front seat design now shipping!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-01-23 at 12.33.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-23 at 12.33.40 PM.png
    43.6 KB · Views: 401
Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: RoBoRaT
Interesting. My 2017 has LATCH in the third row which I have used on several occasions. The website today lists 4 LATCH for 6 seat configs, so you could pushback on Tesla (see screenshot from their Specifications page).

Can you post pictures of your third row seats?

This post shows a screenshot of the configurator with old and new seats. The second and third row seats look the same. Just the front seats are different. Also, the third row seats have the LATCH button symbols.

Previous Design:
screen-shot-2019-10-29-at-2-23-35-pm-png.471161

New Design:
screen-shot-2019-10-29-at-2-24-11-pm-png.471163

New front seat design now shipping!

Nice find. Thank you for bringing this to my attention! Mine does NOT have LATCH on 3rd row.
TESLA_ISOFIX_MISSING.jpg

Tesla removed the LATCH from the third row recently, it was also removed from the Owner's Manual:

Here's the owner's manual before:
2020-01-23.png

And now:
2020-01-23.png

Really nothing to do about it - it's something they removed and didn't announce it.. Probably happened at the same time as their seating changes.

Remember, Tesla is HORRIBLE at updating their website and or telling anyone about changes or whatnot. You can go in today, drive a vehicle that was built in that month, and then get one ordered, built later in that month, and end up with different features. Just ask those that had got AP1 or AP2 depending on which week their Tesla was built, or MCU1/MCU2...

Even their website isn't trustworthy:
The RHD vehicles (when showing 6 seats) shows the floor as a 7-seat track, not a dual monopost (and the LATCH symbols on the third row):
2020-01-23.png

But, the LHD vehicles show a fixed monopost floor, and even the LATCH for the 3rd row as being the seat color (maybe indicating the removal):
2020-01-23.png

Wow, thanks for posting and good to know. We were planning to order an X later this year but having toddler twins and another set on the way this is probably a dealbreaker. We even specifically rented an X last year to test out all car seat compatibility. I can’t believe they would remove this from the row that is specifically designed for children! Seriously Tesla, if our 10 year old Sienna minivan has LATCH in nearly all seats, so should a 2020 X!!!