Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need help from Pearl White owners!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
jay-bay,

I have the Pearl White and, of course, love it! But, having said that, I believe the new Steel Grey will "hide the dirt" just as well AND, may be better! I have gotten a couple (ok, exactly 3) chips from our great Bay area highways (I live in San Jose). I can notice each of the nicks immediately AS CAN OTHERS. I believe the Grey will hide the chip marks better.

Note that I didn't get the protective coating because the crease was easy to spot...may have been the wrong move. I'm not sure if they still offer or have eliminated this option from the catalog.

As you have heard from others, Pearl White is GORGEOUS!!! I have seen one of the new Steel Grey and I have to say that this new color is stunning as well. Picking the headliner, interior and accents will make all the difference as well! Good luck in your choice and Welcome to the Tesla Family!!!

jd3
MS Sig 692
MX Sig 969 (which will NOT be Pearl White just because!)

I have had white, black, grey, blue and copper colorer cars over my life. The only color I can't do anymore is black. It shows everything. Two seconds after hours of waxing, it looks dusty. I have been very happy with white: never shows dust. I think that pearl essence(?) makes it even better. I am getting the new steel grey just by chance, because they changed the color after I ordered it and I am quite happy, because I am in the dark color phase of life.

I think you will love it. It was my second choice.

I wish I would have gotten pearl white, but when recently washed, nothing beats the mirror reflection of black IMO:
8eba4d6b5c41d69e46ac7f77004b8fab.jpg

I have had Pearl White for over a year and a half now and I can say I still love the color.

In addition to it hiding dirt better than you might expect another side benefit is that it absolutely NEVER shows micro-scratches, so the car will basically look scratch free for a decade. The darker the paint the harder it is to maintiain a scratch free look over the years.

In addition to it hiding dirt better than you might expect another side benefit is that it absolutely NEVER shows micro-scratches, so the car will basically look scratch free for a decade. The darker the paint the harder it is to maintiain a scratch free look over the years.

Agree. My roof (non-pano) and rear hatch are unwrapped but I see no difference between them and the wrapped hood and sides. Maybe after another year or two? :wink:

No major issues here. It shows dirt, but it can take a layer of general road dust without looking horrible. It's when you get the nasties like mud and bird crap that it obviously shows more.

I actually find black cars show dirt more than white. My all time favorite is silver for neutral dirt showage (new word, whatever). I'd think a gray would show dirt more than a white, but that new steel does look awesome when clean.
Totally agree that black cars are worse. I’ve owned both black and white and black definitely harder to keep clean and light dirt stands out more on black

IMO its like this. And you can only base "showing dirt" on typical dust/road grime. Basing it on mud and the like is silly, as any color will show that, and you shouldn't be riding around with mud caked on your car.

Black - Looks the best of any color when just cleaned/waxed. I have 2 black cars and would never buy another, nightmare to keep clean. SWIRL MARKS
White - Second best looking color when clean, Doesn't show general dirt at all, looks clean for a long time. Plus no swirl marks show
Grey - Hides dirt the absolute best. Good looking color, but not as nice looking as while and black.

Hey all,

I live in NorCal and I'm about to confirm my order, but I am torn on the which color to go with. I really like the new steel grey, but at the same time I'm just IN LOVE with the depth and smoothness of the pearl white. I know that everyone I talk to in person says to "never by a white car due to how EVERYTHING shows up on it". I understand their opinions, but am wanting to get the feedback from actual owners of the pearl white! I guess I'm being overly optimistic that since the pearl white is multi-coat that dirt and stuff won't show up as much as the standard white?

I would appreciate your feedback!
I have a black, midnight silver metallic and pearl white Tesla. The pearl white has always been the easiest to keep clean and doesn’t show swirl marks or light scratches the way the darker colors do. I do get a lot of black tire residue that accumulates in the rear, but that is more an issue with aggressive acceleration in a performance equipped vehicle. The pearl white has been the easiest car to keep clean by far.

16D449B2-B09C-402B-A55B-DD0A76E3E2FC.jpeg