Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need help from those who sold to 'givemethevin.com'. Thank you.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very glad to hear they are willing to do what you want to make you comfortable! I will admit, I was super sketched out when Igor (I sh*t you not), called with his deep Russian accent to arrange for his even more Russian underling to stop by my workplace and pick up my car. But all was well.

I heard someone make a funny joke about how some of these online car buyers might just be money laundering operations. That's funny, right? Right.....? 😂:oops:

• Funny
Reactions: DocHolliday
I heard someone make a funny joke about how some of these online car buyers might just be money laundering operations. That's funny, right? Right.....? 😂:oops:
You know, we were wondering exactly that. Ha ha. Especially with the $52K offer I got for my Palisade; it's more than a new one, and most dealers are selling them at MSRP now, so that thought came to our heads. They could actually make money on both my vehicles (or at least not lose any), but it's unheard of that little. Good for us, I guess.

• Funny
Reactions: SkepTeach
You know, we were wondering exactly that. Ha ha. Especially with the $52K offer I got for my Palisade; it's more than a new one, and most dealers are selling them at MSRP now, so that thought came to our heads. They could actually make money on both my vehicles (or at least not lose any), but it's unheard of that little. Good for us, I guess.
Yup!
*turns blind eye*

I sold my M3P to them in March. They gave me the best offer and kept in touch with me after I told them that I was selling to Driveway who ended up ghosting me. I went through the same process. They overnighted me a check of the difference between what I owed on the car through BofA and what they are paying me. Told me it would be activated once the car was dropped off at Mannheim and confirmed. I dropped it off at Mannheim but the inspectors had left for the day so I left the keys with the car and left a message about the company it is being dropped off for (GMTV) and some other information. The next day GMTV called me and said everything was cleared and I could deposit the check. Check cleared but when I checked my BofA account, my loan was still there. After about 3 weeks, before the next payment cycle, the loan was gone. So I would say they are legit. I would go through them again for sure.

Good news. Got a call from a higher up, and agreed he wouldn't just drop a $56K car and hope for the best, so he offered to pick it up at my house with no deduction (I was willing to go down to $55K with that option), so it was a great outcome. The deal is back on. Hope no more surprises. Ha ha. Getting the docs overnighted tomorrow, so will get them Wednesday, sign them, and return them the same day. Not sure when car would get picked up, but will have to be patient with that (not a big deal). Will keep you guys posted.
Hope this worked out OK for you! It can be tough dealing with unknowns in situations like these, and also having to take a "leap of faith" as you said. Focusing on excellent customer service so important!