Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need help getting my wife to understand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At least you already own a tesla. I am trying to get my wife to cheer me up to buy it. Its hard! She says its all a hype! The autopilot is hype and Tesla is trying to control us. I argue with her almost everyday over it. Try to convince her even take her to test drive. But she refuses to get in it. Lol

When MY wife says NO......I've been with her for over 33 years, and I know better than to argue. Time heals all wounds? Argue and she will build a more solid wall. Folks above gave great arguments, if you want to argue your side.
You probably know your wife better than all of us combined. How do you "win" arguments? Seems like her objections were not really objections, just arguments. Whats the REAL reason. Buy her flowers, a steak dinner, an aspirin ...
If it was my wife, I'd be clearing off the sofa.

Reactions: Super_Popular
2 - Seatbelts cut across her neck and can not be moved (this one I agree with. Can't figure out why Tesla made the seatbelt so that it could not be moved.

3. Hates that when she goes out to the car it is always locked (anyway to disable this so it stayed unlocked in the garage. That seems like such an easy thing to implement using gps.

10 - So far she has refused to even try driving it.

2. You can RAISE the seat, actually quite a bit.

3. Leave the key in the car, or disable the feature

10. Be careful what you wish for. Lol. My wife CAN drive the T, and she HAS driven it. She'll even tell folks it is the best car on the road. But she doesn't particularly LIKE to drive it. That is just fine with me, heheh

Does she have kids, or grandkids? Show her this calculator which will show that your Tesla will likely put about half as much carbon into the air as her ICE car. I want my grandkids to have as nice a planet as possible.

I teach pilots to fly Boeings 787 Dreamliner. After 44 years of flying, it is by far the most sophisticated airplane I have ever seen. But EVERY pilot I train finds something he doesn't like because it is different from his last aircraft. There is a lot of "learning drag" caused by this in the beginning, but by the end of training, they are automatically doing the proper procedures (push the screen button after park) without even thinking. By then they know they are in a far superior machine, and the little differences don't matter.

Hopefully she will give it time to grow on her.

Last edited:
Reactions: javawolfpack
I have a new P90DL and a wife who doesn't like it. I am trying to determine how I can get her comfortable with the vhevcle and all of it's features. Any input, or suggestions? I may be doing something wrong. To give this a starting point, not getting rid of the wife (after 33 years of marriage....the car would go first). She loves fast cars. Her own is a Mercedes AMG, I moved from a Mercedes SL550 (which she loved). Here are issues:

1 - Seats are uncomfortable hard and flat compared to what she is used to. Can not imagine sitting in them for a long trip (we are doing a long trip in her ICE AMG that we were going to take the S on for this main reason (I find the seats comfortable).

2 - Seatbelts cut across her neck and can not be moved (this one I agree with. Can't figure out why Tesla made the seatbelt so that it could not be moved.

7 - She loves speed but hates Ludicrous. Tells me every time I engage it, she gets a headache.

One solution might be to upgrade to a Model X. The seats are way more comfortable IMO than the S seats, and I believe the seatbelt are height adjustable too.

Downsides: Expensive upgrade. If she hates sedans she'll probably dislike the Model X look.

Headache I can understand. The P90D I test drove made my brain feel squished, and I didn't even hit the throttle that hard. The acceleration is amazing but I think it does require an acclimation period.

Reactions: ModelX
How's the Tesla cachet factor in Scottsdale? Does MB have a better brand and more coveted? Just thinking from a branding perspective. Their might be an emotional or psychological reason. Or maybe the Tesla is too flashy and too much attention grabbing, granted a MB AMG is probably flashy too. Ask her what if the Tesla was made by Mercedes? Maybe she just loves Mercedes, and nothing will change that.

-ThinkMac-