Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need help getting Tesla’s attention for parts!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TMC members please help me by retreating my tweet calling out Tesla. Part delays from Tesla are not acceptable by any standards. I love my Tesla, but if they want to be a legit contender they have to get better at basic blocking and tackling. I get it if I had an non-refresh Model S and I needed an older part, but that is not the case.

The most reputable shop in the DC area has stopped working on Tesla cars because of this delay. Too many mad customers posting bad reviews as a result of the time delay!!

My Model S was run over by a bus. The tweet has a video of it happening!

https://twitter.com/aceven24/status/1002576958184722432?s=12

Please help raise attention to this parts issue, not just for me but for all members who are or will be in my boat.

I'm not sure which shop you are dealing with, but we just had a Tesla repaired at a local facility which ended up being a fairly poor experience.

They took forever, way beyond the initial estimate with no new damage found during the repair. The shop blamed Tesla the whole time for lack of parts, but when I was fed up enough to get involved it turned out that:
A: The shop had parts on order in "the system" that were currently (and had been) IN STOCK on the shelf 2 miles away in Rockville but they had refused to call over and check stock or work the issue themselves.
B: Ordered a number of incorrect parts because they didn't fully understand the level at which Tesla does not operate on a 4 year cycle, and parts must be ordered specific to the VIN they are working on, and not even the same as another 2014 Tesla they had just worked on.

In the end, I don't think many shops are really up to the task of working on a Tesla yet, as it does take a lot more knowledge and a little more work than other cars.

Simply calling out Tesla on in tweets for parts to the DMV really isn't going to help you much. If you are having problems, you really need to jump into the mix yourself, find out the exact part number they are having an issue getting, and drive over and talk with the parts guys at either Rockville or Tysons to find out if they can expedite that problem part for you.

Also, Did that bus back into you, and then just leave?

Peter

• Informative
Reactions: dhanson865
I'm not sure which shop you are dealing with, but we just had a Tesla repaired at a local facility which ended up being a fairly poor experience.

They took forever, way beyond the initial estimate with no new damage found during the repair. The shop blamed Tesla the whole time for lack of parts, but when I was fed up enough to get involved it turned out that:
A: The shop had parts on order in "the system" that were currently (and had been) IN STOCK on the shelf 2 miles away in Rockville but they had refused to call over and check stock or work the issue themselves.
B: Ordered a number of incorrect parts because they didn't fully understand the level at which Tesla does not operate on a 4 year cycle, and parts must be ordered specific to the VIN they are working on, and not even the same as another 2014 Tesla they had just worked on.

In the end, I don't think many shops are really up to the task of working on a Tesla yet, as it does take a lot more knowledge and a little more work than other cars.

Simply calling out Tesla on in tweets for parts to the DMV really isn't going to help you much. If you are having problems, you really need to jump into the mix yourself, find out the exact part number they are having an issue getting, and drive over and talk with the parts guys at either Rockville or Tysons to find out if they can expedite that problem part for you.

Also, Did that bus back into you, and then just leave?

Peter
Yes, that bus backed into me and left! I didn’t even notice until the next day as it was dark when I left. I called the school and they pulled the video tape. The company that chartered the bus was cool about the whole thing, they were not happy with their emoloyee and admitted fault even before I got a copy of the video...

• Informative
Reactions: dhanson865
I feel all of you! 6 weeks to get a Front Bumper sensor to arrive! Hopefully will be installed next week. Of course your situation is much more severe, I hope things speed up for you! Sometimes I get the feeling the Tesla approved body shops don’t care as much about working on Telsas as other cars. Too many little issues after the car has come back from being at body shop, was very frsutartaing at times.

Maybe I was just lucky, or the Roadster is VERY different but I had a small wreck and was able to get all the parts I needed in a week with just a few calls. I did it myself as I know the car much better than the repair place, especially since I am the ONLY Roadster in over 100 miles of my town.

Reactions: bonnie
TMC members please help me by retreating my tweet calling out Tesla. Part delays from Tesla are not acceptable by any standards. I love my Tesla, but if they want to be a legit contender they have to get better at basic blocking and tackling. I get it if I had an non-refresh Model S and I needed an older part, but that is not the case.

The most reputable shop in the DC area has stopped working on Tesla cars because of this delay. Too many mad customers posting bad reviews as a result of the time delay!!

My Model S was run over by a bus. The tweet has a video of it happening!

https://twitter.com/aceven24/status/1002576958184722432?s=12

Please help raise attention to this parts issue, not just for me but for all members who are or will be in my boat.
I'm almost 4 months without my car. For anyone who hasn't had this issue it is simply a matter of time. Every body repair shop in the UK is getting fed up with having to deal with Tesla who wash their hands of the problem and leave the body shop having to explain to the customer that they are simply waiting for parts and their hands are tied.

Have you escalated this to executive leadership in your my tesla account? That might be (slightly) more effective than tweeting.
Could you post a link of where this is. I have logged in and searched everywhere. Just the same tired bodyshop email address and a completely inefficient customer service department. I keep reading about this elusive escalation. If anyone could point me in the right direction I would be eternally grateful!

Could you post a link of where this is. I have logged in and searched everywhere. Just the same tired bodyshop email address and a completely inefficient customer service department. I keep reading about this elusive escalation. If anyone could point me in the right direction I would be eternally grateful!

At the bottom of your My Tesla page, there's a Support form and one of the options is "Escalate this concern for executive review".

So start at https://auth.tesla.com/login then you end up at https://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount

Look for a link that says support and look for this drop down

tesla_support_3.png

• Disagree
Reactions: Troy
That is insane, four months!?! My car has finally been taken in for repairs as the parts showed up, but it had to be escalated...
I'm glad you think it's insane, I've attached a photo of the damage. It was black ice, travelling about 5-10mph. Repair shop ordered a new loom on 16th May......hasn't even made it to the Netherlands yet. And only a Tesla engineer can fit the loom and the earliest appointment is 29th. I'm losing the will but clearly UK customers not as aware of this problem as in US hence it hasn;t been addressed by Tesla over here

Attachments

• Tesla Damage.jpg
    Tesla Damage.jpg
    596.8 KB · Views: 79