Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need Help Identifying a Rattle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Jimmologist

Supporting Member
Jun 28, 2021
Knoxville, TN
My two-week old Model 3 Long Range just had the HomeLink option installed by Tesla and now it has a new rattle. I have service scheduled for later this week but I thought I would see if I can identify the rattle. Given the HomeLink requires the removal of the cowl screen and the frunk tub (I believe older Model 3's had the front bumper removed), I suspect the rattle is somewhere in there.

And I have found a loose part and want to check with others if this normal.

In PicA.jpg, the red arrows point to two plastic spacers. These are attached on the top but the bottom just rest near a metal bar ("near" but now actually touching). The seem to offer some support.

In PicB.jpg, this is a reverse angle (looking towards the front of the car) of the one near the battery.

My suspicion is based on the fact that I can just lightly tap them and they rattle. If I replace the cowl screen and tap it, they also rattle.

So, is this normal?

Attachments

• PicA.jpg
    PicA.jpg
    570.2 KB · Views: 69
  • PicB.jpg
    PicB.jpg
    724.3 KB · Views: 49
I 100% agree with Dolemite. Those two VERY poorly designed supports for the frunk cowl are JUNK. Both of mine were broken on delivery day after close inspection, and they do make a metallic rattle against the metal cross brace that they sit on.