Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need help in the US - regarding side view mirrors in Netherlands

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  1. I have my p85+ on order to be delivered in a month. I currently have a Mercedes that i put euro side view mirror glass on so they have the wider angle view than we do in the states, similar to the top picture on this link - Wing mirror - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

can you help me by telling me if your mirrors on your tesla are similar with the outer line and then the wider angle reflection beyond that? I am used to driving with these and if yours are like this, I plan on having my friend get me some from the dealer in Sweden.

Thanks!

I don't use any of the mirrors much because the backup camera does a better job. If the car you see in the camera is more than just a dot, then you need to carefully check before changing lanes. It does take some time to get used to looking at the camera after years of looking at the mirrors.

My main use of the mirrors (anymore) is when parking. The tilt feature makes them really useful.

I too took some time to get used to the camera and I too now pick stuff up in the center screen using peripheral vision. I see everything on either side of me without having to take my eyes off the road in front of me.

Those in DC that are digesting the concept of cameras replacing side view mirrors in MX should spend a few months in a MS with the camera on. As usual with Elon and Tesla, the correct solution becomes obvious.

1. I have my p85+ on order to be delivered in a month. I currently have a Mercedes that i put euro side view mirror glass on so they have the wider angle view than we do in the states, similar to the top picture on this link - Wing mirror - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

can you help me by telling me if your mirrors on your tesla are similar with the outer line and then the wider angle reflection beyond that? I am used to driving with these and if yours are like this, I plan on having my friend get me some from the dealer in Sweden.

Thanks!

I had a test-drive in the US (DaniaBeach-Fl), I didn't notice any difference , imho the same side mirrors are used in the US as in the EU.

We're waiting for out Tesla as well. On our current car, we also do have the wide-angle on the left mirror, but as far as I know, the Tesla doesn't have an wide angle mirror in Europe. It is not legally required and most times it's an option in any car.

(P.S.: begrijp ik de vraag van de TS verkeerd? Want de antwoorden boven mij gaan allemaal over de back-up camera terwijl TS vraagt of de spiegels van de Tesla in Europa een wide angle hebben, ofwel dat streepje van de bovenste spiegel in zijn link... tenminste zo begrijp ik het)