Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need help on A-pillar trim removal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Appreciate if anyone can give some advice on how to remove the A-pillar trim pieces (the ones with the front tweeter grille on it). I'm having difficulty in releasing the 2 clips that hook onto the dash board speaker trim piece. Hopefully a member here has done that before. Thanks in advance!

I changed my tweeters without removing the bottom clips. I couldn't get them to release even with a lot of force. I was afraid of breaking something, so I ended up pulling the panels down and inwards to get enough access to the tweeters.

Finally got the A-pillar out. In order to release the 2 clips that attached to front speakers grille, Slide a flexible piece of plastic (something like a credit card) in between the speaker grille and the A-pillar, and push the plastic piece towards the A-pillar side, this should release the 2 clips (It takes patience but it will release them!). Also, make sure the A-Pillar Middle trim is removed beforehand to allow enough movement for the A-pillar top trim to come out..

Reactions: GeoX750